.Net 1.1 with .Net 2.0 virtual directory using AJAX "Sys undefined"

I'm having an issue running an AJAX app I built, I think I might know what the problem might be, but if so, I am not sure how to fix it.

The main site is built with 1.1 and new application is 2.0.  I have the new application configured properly (as far as I can tell) in its own app pool, etc..  The app runs just fine (I have other 2.0 apps that run along side the main 1.1), but I am getting an error: "Sys undefined...."  I've checked to enusre the mappings for the .axd extension for this particular VD are pointing to the correct place as well.

I've installed AJAX 1.0 onto the server itself as well as my local machine.  If I run the app via Visual Studio and its built in web server, I have no problems.  However if I run this locally through IIS or on the Dev machine remotely, I get the same error.  I have the local IIS set up similar to the dev machine.

Is this due to the 1.1 web.config (configuratioin) ?  Is there any work around for this?  I can't redo the entire site in 2.0 because of time constraints, so thats not an option.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

0
doWhileSomething

Old AJAX in .NET 1.1 compatibility with .NET framework 2.0. Ajax does not work always ....................
Hello,I have converted the web site from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0. Some of the pages in the web site use AJAX which was developed in .NET 1.1Ajax does not work smoothly in .NET 2.0. Do I have to use ATLAS or is there any fix I can use to make the AJAX work ?Please let me know. Many thanks in advance. Nick..........

When using <identity impersonate="true"> in .NET 1.1, and 2.0 is there some differences?
When setting <identity impersonate="true"> in .NET 1.1, and 2.0, is there some differences that I should be aware of? Will identity impersonate act differently in .Net 1.1 vs .Net 2.0, both using IIS 6.0? Is there an article I can read that will explain this if its true? Thanks, xyz789          Try this: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998351.aspx specifically, the what's new in 2.0 section of that page: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998351.aspx#paght000023_whatsnew Rachel AppelMVP - ASPInside...

Will AJAX Extensions 1.0 (for .NET 2.0) be affected by .NET 3.0?
Hello all,I have a web server that has a couple of site running using .NET 2.0 with the AJAX Extensions 1.0 (but not the ControlKit) and I need to install another Web App site that uses .NET 3.0. I need to know if installing .NET 3.0 will affect the sites that currently use 2.0 and the AJAX Extensions 1.0 as these sites are live and any down time would get me in the @~!£$.If there are issues, are there any work arounds? Many Thanks in advance  The .net Framework 3.0 and 3.5 add features to the .net framework 2.0 so installing the additional framework should not cause any pro...

Using .NET 1.1 dll in .NET 2.0
I have my old application on Visual Studio 2003, now we are planning to migrate to Visual Studio 2005, so is there a way to use my old dlls as references that were built using .NET Framework 1.1 in a new application that will be built using .NET Framework 2.0? I also have a question regarding the posibility to build code that was written in Visual Studio 2003 environment using .NET Framework 2.0 compiler?Mohammad Abu-AliMicrosoft Certified Professional Hi, Yes you can use your .NET 1.1 dll in your 2.0 app (but the other side is not true) For the last question, there is great chance...

Using .net 2.0 ws in .net 1.1
Hi,I have a ws written in 2.0 that returns a dataset. I need to use this ws in .net 1.1. Seems like having the ws returning typed datasets causing a problem.I am using c# for the ws. Does anyone have any idea ? Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks, recruit A web service should be indifferent to which version of ASP.NET is producing and which version is consuming. Please post any error messages and the wsdl produced by the 1.1 consumer. Have you loaded WSE 3.0 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=018a09fd-3a74-43c5-8ec1-8d789091255d&displaylang=en) and mon...

Bad web.config in AJAX.NET 1.0 under .NET 2.0 Express
My setup is MS.NET v2.0 with the C# and Web Express editions of 2005. I also installed the AJAX 1.0 release with the respective toolkit as indicated in the AJAX.NET site. However, when I create a new project I am presented with the usual bare bones default.aspx and the web.config. However the web.config shows a lot of warnings and errors.One of them was being that the "requiredPermission" (or something like that) attribute was not recognized. Somewhere on the net there is a post of a correction to the DotNetConfig.xsd schema file in VS.2005 so I used it and it got rid of THAT warning.&n...

.NET 1.1 to 2.0 "remember me" checkbox no longer works
I have a site I recently updated to ASP.NET 2.0 from 1.1 and everything works fine (with minimal fiddling) except the remember me check box on the log in page.  I use custom forms authentication.  Web.config defines the timeout as 60 minutes: <forms name="NIDB1AuthCookie" protection="All" timeout="1" loginUrl="Login.aspx" cookieless="UseCookies" />And in the login.aspx.cs file I have it check the checkbox to see if its checked and then manually set the cookie to expire in 30 days.  if (cbRememberMe.Checked){ //Set cookie to expire in 30 days if user checks the remem...

having .net 1.1 and .net 2.0
Was just wondering if you someone could tell me the ramifications of the following:  I have .net 2.0 but did not uninstally .net 1.1, i have visual studio 2003, and visual web developer installed on the computer as well as sql server 2000.  my question is whether that is a problem having the two runtimes installed at the same time?  i did this because i wanted to use VWD but keep vs 2003 in case i needed to do any development for work....any comments are appreciated.  --jpIf my post is helpful please mark as answerRegards -- jp(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/...

.net 2.0 to .net 1.1
Hello , This is shrirang. Currently i am working .net2.0 web application. but the same application is runing on production in .net 1.1 freamwork . we are not using any new feature of 2.0 in our application . can i run build of 2.0 on 1.1 freamwork . if yes can you  please tell me necessary steps to achive it .     Thanks in advance for your kind help     Regards Shrirang i think it is not possible to run the 2.0 application in 1.1 , so try to change to the frame work in the production server . ThanksRaja Ragothaman Hi Shrirang, Please contact web adm...

Web resources about - .Net 1.1 with .Net 2.0 virtual directory using AJAX "Sys undefined" - asp.net.ajax-discussion