'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'

It code worked fine on my PC..but gettting following message on server....

'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'

 i checked this thread http://forums.asp.net/p/1123792/1869084.aspx#1869084

 but it doesn't help me...

My Blog

"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right."
0
budugu

Updating global assembly cache of server, solved this error

Some how installation is not updating GAC..so you have to do it manually

My Blog

"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right."
0
budugu

I have the exact same problem.  Can you please tell me how you were able to clear out the GAC and update it with the latest DLL?  Just like you everything works on my PC but when it gets published to servers i get that same error.

Thanks,
Kam

0
kambiz
8/29/2007 7:22:25 PM

 just copy the following DLL's from C:\Program Files\Microsoft ASP.NET\ASP.NET 2.0 AJAX Extensions\v1.0.61025  and paste it in folder c:\windows\assembly on server

System.Web.Extensions

System.Web.Extensions.Design

 Hope it solves your problem, if not let me know

My Blog

"Don't be afraid to be wrong; otherwise you'll never be right."
0
budugu

 Yup that fixed it perfectly.  Thanks so much for the quick and accurate reply.

Kam

0
kambiz

Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'
I downloaded the 10618 version and can not get it working.  The sample website that comes with the release gives me this error on every page I try to browse. Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)' Stack Trace: [MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'.]   AjaxControlToolkit.ToolkitScriptManager.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +0   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47&n...

Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'. error
Hi,  I have used the Animation control of the Ajax Control Toolkit successfully on my local PC. The web site was successfully launched on a third party hosting company. Recently, I had to change to another third party hosting company and now I get the following error on the page where I used the Animation control. All other pages are working fine. Does any one know how I can resolve this error?   Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during t...

Error Message: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(System.Web.UI.Page, System.Type, System.String, System.String, Boolean)'.
  I have a website which is running on IIS 5.1. Wen ever I am trying to access any page based on .net framework 2.0 I get this error Error Message: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptBlock(System.Web.UI.Page, ...

Warning 4 'System.Web.UI.Page.GetPostBackEventReference(System.Web.UI.Control, string)' is obsolete
Hi I am using the following code in an ASP.NET C# web application: this.Page.GetPostBackEventReference(this, string.Empty);if (this.IsPostBack) {string eventTarget = (this.Request["__EVENTTARGET"] == null) ? string.Empty : this.Request["__EVENTTARGET"]; string eventArgument = (this.Request["__EVENTARGUMENT"] == null) ? string.Empty : this.Request["__EVENTARGUMENT"];if (eventTarget == "ForcedPostBack") { // This was a PostBack from the client-side forcedPostBack function... // eventArgument will equal "Some value to send server-...

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.set_Action(System.String)'.
I just updated a site that has been running for 1.5 years.  I updated it each month and have never had a problem.  This time I get the error below when using a search field on the site.  I worked on it for the past several hours but cannot find what the problem is.  I searched the web but could only find one post which did not help.  Any help will be greatly appreciated. Method not found: 'Void System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.set_Action(System.String)'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request...

Beta 2/RC incompatibility? (Method not found: 'System.String System.Web.UI.ICallbackEventHandler.RaiseCallbackEvent(System.String)')
Hi Everybody,We are currently building a couple of custom (web) controls for ASP.NET 2.0. Compiling them with .NET Framework Build 2.0.50215 works fine. Compiling them with Build 2.0.50727 (which came with VS.NET 2005 Team Suite RC and likely with the Release, too) always results into aError 1 Method not found: 'System.String System.Web.UI.ICallbackEventHandler.RaiseCallbackEvent(System.String)'.As this is within the System namespace we guess it's an internal method supporting the .NET infrastructure.Is there anybody - maybe from MS - who can investigate this issue and comment on i...

What is going on!!!! Global.System.Web.UI.ScriptManager Error 696 Type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' is not defined.
Ok, I thought yesterday this was a problem with VS 2005.  I properly installed the AJAX framework 1.0.  Updated the web.config. The stupid designer file for my aspx keeps complaining about both the ScriptManager control and all UpdatePanel controls I threw onto the page and so when I try to build, it keeps giving me this error in the .designer file of my aspx!  About a half hour ago, I rendered the page just fine with these controls! Type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' is not defined. Type 'System.Web.UI.UpdatePanel' is not defined.  When I thought this problem was jus...

Error: Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField'
Hello, I am getting the following error during compiliation. Any suggestions to fix it. Thanks. Cannot convert type 'System.Web.UI.Control' to 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.ButtonField' protected void gvEvents_RowCommand(Object sender, GridViewCommandEventArgs e) { if (e.CommandName == "Select") { int index = Convert.ToInt32(e.CommandArgument); GridViewRow selectedRow = gvEvents.Rows[index]; string sID; ButtonField btn; if (selectedRow.RowType == DataControlRowType.DataRow) { sID = ((ButtonField)selectedRow.FindControl("ID")).DataTextFi...

Method does not match delegate 'void System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventHandler(object, System.Web.UI.ImageClickEventArgs)'
Hello Everyone I am developing one form which is have one Mobile user control. as follow <mobile:panel id="BottomPanel" Runat="server"> <mobile:DeviceSpecific id="DeviceSpecific1" Runat="server"> <Choice Filter="isHTML32" > <ContentTemplate> <asp:ImageButton id="cmdLogoutASCX" ImageUrl="..\images\buttons\logout.gif" runat="server"></asp:ImageButton> </ContentTemplate> </Choice> </mobile:DeviceSpecific> </mobi...

Error 1 The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\asse
Once I build project. I encounter this error. Does someone experience this error?Error    1    The type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinqDataSource' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.5.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll' and 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\3.6.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll'    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\Default.aspx    1    1    D:\Source Code\Linq_Lesson5\  It appears tha...

System.MissingMethodException: Method Not Found: 'Void System.Web.DynamicData.DynamicDataManager.RegisterControl(System.Web.UI.Control, Boolean)' problem
Hi! I made a new Dynamic Data Entity Web Project and I get this error message when i run the website. The errors comes when the list.aspx is run.I have installed the newest drop of the dynamic data and the newest dynamic data futures.Any suggestions?  Regards Kenneth Hi Kenneth, is this a basic scaffolded website with no custom code? What version are you running? You can get the latest bit from: Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 Beta and Download Dynamic Data Runtime.Steve Seeking the elegant solution.[Oh! If olny I colud tpye!]c# Bits blogOh, and don't...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.LiteralControl' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox'.
Hi, any idea why I'm getting the following error?Line 45: protected void CartGrid_RowUpdating(object sender, System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewUpdateEventArgs e) Line 46: { Line 47: TextBox QuantityTextBox = (TextBox)CartGrid.Rows[e.RowIndex].Cells[2].Controls[0]; Line 48: int Quantity = Convert.ToInt32(QuantityTextBox.Text); Line 49: Are you sure that the control at CartGrid.Rows[e.RowIndex].Cells[2].Controls[0] isn't a LiteralControl?  How are you creating code this in your code?Brent JenkinsASP.NET, C#, Web Developerwww.valewebdesign.co.uk  ...

Error Serializing Value 'System.Web.UI.WebCOntrols.TreeNode' of type 'System.Web.UI.WebCOntrols.TreeNode'
Hi, I am  getting the error stated in the subject when i am storing a TreeNode in a ViewState and then using it as follows if (ViewState["ProductCounty"]!=null) { TreeNode _productCountyNode = DataTree.FindNode(((TreeNode)ViewState["ProductCounty"]).ValuePath); _productCountyNode.Expand(); } what could be causing this error? Hi, I believe TreeNode isn't serializable in a way its required for objects which can be put to ViewState - as reference - (TreeNode implements IStateManager and is meant to work together with TreeView itself saving it...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Web.UI.LiteralControl' to type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.TextBox'
Hello, Goal: enter a number in two fields HoursPerUnit and PeoplePerUnit and the value for the third field, TotalHoursPerUnit will populate after the the number in the two fields have been caculated.  Using the code below I receive the error message above.  Please tell me what am I doing wrong? Do I need to cast the text as a literal?  Please help? Thank you in advance, <%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="Default.master" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="frmHR.aspx.vb" Inherits="frmHR"...

Web resources about - 'Void System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterHiddenField(System.Web.UI.Page, System.String, System.String)' - asp.net.ajax-discussion