System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Data type mismatch in criteria expression.

Hi Forum,

I have a login script working using text as password, i want to change this to a number, format (000) 000-000, when i submit 025987654 which is formated (025) 987-654 in a field im receiving; Data type mismatch in criteria expression. Any help out there!!! Thanks Paul
0
plkilroy

if the password is truly a number, then you need to drop the quotes from around it when you build the sql statement

i.e.
select * from tblUser WHERE Password=025987654
and NOT
select * from tblUser WHERE Password='025987654'

Mike Banavige
~~~~~~~~~~~~
mbanavige
3/8/2004 10:49:15 PM
Thanks for your reply, this is my code,

("select FirstName from table1 where mobile ='"+mobile.Text+"'",myAccessConn);
<mobile:TextBox runat="server" id="mobile" Password="True"/>

I want to use mobile as a numeric password, if true returning FirstName. Im new to DB so appreciate all good advice Paul
0
plkilroy

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Data type mismatch in criteria expression. #2
I am having trouble using OleDb within an ASP.NET application (C#) to write to a Yes/No data field in Access. I have a checkbox on my ASP.NET page and want this to save to a Yes/No field in an Access database. No matter what I try I get a "data type mismatch" message. I've tried the following variations to no avail:1.cmd.Parameters.Add("@SubsidyDoc", this.cbLeaseSubsidy.Checked);2.if (this.cbLeaseSubsidy.Checked == true)      cmd.Parameters.Add("@SubsidyDoc","-1"); else     cmd.Parameters.Add("@SubsidyDo...

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Data type mismatch in criteria expression. HELP ME :)
Hellothis is my select code1 Dim ConnString1 As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDb.4.0;Data Source=|DataDirectory|Nwind2003(Good).mdb" 2 Dim sqlstring3 As String = "SELECT * FROM customers WHERE CustomerID= '" & CustomerID & "'" 3 Dim conn2 As New OleDbConnection(ConnString1)4 Dim cmd2 As New OleDbCommand(sqlstring3, conn2)5 cmd2.CommandType = CommandType.Text6 Response.Write(sqlstring3)7 8 conn2.Open()9 Dim reader As OleDbDataReader = cmd2.ExecuteRe...

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException was unhandled by user code
Master/Detail Editing - DetailsView I have created a master/detail setup where a GridView displays an complete index to all records in the my database. This in turn links to a DetailsView which gives editing access (New, Update and Delete) to the aforementioned individual records. The first to parts of my application work fine I can add to the access database and update to the access database. However when I attempt to delete from the database i am met with the error 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException was unhandled by user code - Data type mismatch in criteria ...

error:An unhandled exception of type 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException' occurred in system.data.dll
************* Edited by moderator Adec *************** Inserted missing < code></ code> tags. Always include such tags when including code in your postings. Don't force the moderators to do this for you. Many readers disregard postings without the code tags. ************************************************** the error "An unhandled exception of type 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException' occurred in system.data.dll " occured in the line CONm.open() the code is below: CONM.ConnectionString = "Provider=""MSDAORA.1"";User ...

Oledbexception data type mismatch in criteria expression
I am trying to retrieve a number from a query in an access database and am getting the followign error: oledbexception was unhandled by user code data type mismatch in criteria expression  The code is as follows:   Protected Sub GridView2_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles GridView2.SelectedIndexChanged Dim maxDay As String maxDay = "SELECT [MaxofDayNumber] FROM [qryMaxDay] WHERE [entryID]='" & GridView2.SelectedRow.Cells(5).Text & "'" 'maxDay = "SELECT [...

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The DataType do not match in the criteria expression.
Hi I have a little code that get the data from a db the select code line works in VS2005 i can make a debug and it return the number 1, so thats ok, but after the select lineDBAdapter3.Fill(DBDataSet3, "KennelEnggaardText") I get this error:System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The DataType do not match in the criteria expression. I want to take the record ID 1's text and place it in a FormView code. Can someone plz. help me.My code is: 1 Private Sub OpenDB3() 2 ' Connection yil en database samt SQL Select forspørgsel 3 DBConnection3 = New OleDbConnection(C...

Data type mismatch in criteria expression error when using a DetailsView control in VWD2005 on access DB
I have a Yes/No field in an Access 2000 db that im using to show a simple yes/no checkbox on a web form in VWD2005. When I click the insert link, Im getting the error "Data type mismatch in criteria expression". I believe this is because the form is giving ADO.NET true/false instead of yes or no. Is this correct? And how do I make it so Access will accept the input from a checkbox in a detailsview control? Thanks! -Matt Yes you are correct. The check box checked is a boolean value that is 1 if true and 0 if false. You can hardcode the yes/no in the insert command just pu...

The .Net Data SQL Provider (System.Data.SqlClient) requires Microsoft Data Access Components(MDAC) version 2.6 or later.
I am getting error like The .Net Data SQL Provider (System.Data.SqlClient) requires Microsoft Data Access Components(MDAC) version 2.6 or later. i am working with windowsXP. Already in my system i have MDAC 2.7. I donot know why am i getting error like this. anybody help me please...

Data type mismatch in criteria expression.
Get this error when tring to run th efollowing code. Function close(ByVal status As String, ByVal dtnow As DateTime) As Integer Dim connectionString As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Ole DB Services=-4; Data Source=D:\Documents an"& _ "d Settings\Mathew\My Documents\Auction.mdb" Dim dbConnection As System.Data.IDbConnection = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(connectionString) Dim queryString As String = "UPDATE [Auction] SET [Status]=@Status WHERE ([Auction].[End_Date] <= @dtnow)" ...

Data type mismatch in criteria expression.
System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Data type mismatch in criteria expression. i'm getting this error while executing my onsert query. I verified all of the types of the values I'm entering and i'm not getting any positive results. Can someone help me out here? the error is generated at the "executenonquery" line Dim connectionString As String = "PROVIDER=MICROSOFT.JET.OLEDB.4.0;DATA SOURCE=" & Server.MapPath("..\data\Original_MLBDlicensing.mdb") Dim dbConnection As System.Data.IDbConnection = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConn...

Data type mismatch in criteria expression
Hi, Im having a small problem, when i change my database table feild to text and declare strID as string i get the following error Data type mismatch in criteria expression but when i change my table feild to Number and declare my StrID as Integer it works no problems, i dont understand when the two values are declared as a String EG strID as String and table feild as text it should work, i would leave it as an integer but the rest of the system requires the StudentID to be a string. Any Help would Be fantastic Dim intWdth as integer Dim strID, strFirst, str...

Data type mismatch in criteria expression
Hiya. I'm using Access2000 and DBI::ODBC. I'm trying to insert into a table called Volunteers, and I continually get this error: -------------- Died while executing:<br>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Data type mismatch in criteria expression. (SQL-22005)(DBD: st_execute/SQLExecute err=-1)<hr> at c:\inetpub\wwwroot\EBA\cgi-bin\edit_volunteers.pl line 472. -------------- I don't understand what data type is incorrect though. There are only 2 fields which have a specific criteria: 1) Confirmed: "Yes" or "No 2) Position: maaaany d...

Data type mismatch in criteria expression.
       Server Error in '/' Application. Data type mismatch in criteria expression. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Data type mismatch in criteria expression.Source Error: Line 21: {Line 22: Line 23: this.SqlDataSource1.Insert();Line 24: Line 25: Source File: E:\OrderWebApp\OrderWebApp...

Data Type Mismatch in Criteria Expression
hi guys,  I getting this error. Here is my SQL statement, Thinks this may be why im gettin the error. OleDbCommand myCommand = new OleDbCommand("UPDATE patient SET title = '" + title + "', fName = '" + fName + "', sName = '" + sName + "', address1 = '" + address1 + "', address2 = '" + address2 + "', address3 = '" + address3 + "', postcode = '" + postcode + "', contactNumber = '" + contactNumber + "', DOB = '" + DOB + "'...

Web resources about - System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Data type mismatch in criteria expression. - asp.net.access-datasource