Retrieve Only Date from DateTime in Ms Access

Hi

   Iam using Ms Access & Visual Basic Web Express Edition and i want to display only date in Gridview but it displays both date and time . Could anyone please suggest me to retreive only date from datetime in Ms Access.

0
rambo_20uk

Go to Edit Columns in the GridView Smarttag, select the date column, in the property DataFormatString, add the following {0:d}

0
Burldo

accessing MS Access from .net
hi I am accessing ms access data base which has a table called customers. when i try to insert data into the table i am gettign the error like "Operation must use an updatable query" and the line its showing is myOleDbcommand.ExecuteNonQuery() here is my code in page lode event Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim StrConnectString as String Dim strStatement as String strConnectSTring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password='';User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Srinu\WebApplication2\...

Retrieve Only Date from Date/Time in Ms Access
Hello,When retrieving data from an ACCESS database table, I want the generated ASP page to display only the date inputted by the user. It currently displays the date and then the time is always 12:00. Anyone have any suggestions as how I can have it display only the time, but leave the access format as Date/Time? Format the output - use {0:d} Something like:label1.text=String.Format("{0:d}",YourDate)David WierMCP/ASPInsiderASPNet101.com - where to look first!Please Vote for ASPNet101 - 'Best Community Resource'!Control Grouper - easily control properties for multipl...

Accessing MS Access
Hi all, This is probably a more DB oriented question, but it came out of the = DBI. I posted a question and have tried several solutions on how to open = up an MS Access DB from the DBI::ODBC but so far have been unable to. = What I had to end up doing was create a DTS that runs every 5 minutes = which copies the table I need from Access and populates a SQL Server = table. This causes a delay on my web application such that whenever my = page overlaps while the DTS is running I get no data. So I was wondering = if there is a better way to get information from Access so I can see it =...

MS access to MS access problem
I always used MS Access Database In my programs, now I want to use SQL SERVER database and so I started to design one. but it’s a little bit confusing ,I don’t know what can I use in change of these access Data type : MS access // MS access -------------- -------------------- Memo >>>>>>>> ?? AutoNumber >>>>> ?? * and if you think there is some difference between Ms access and SQL in D...

Parse DateTime into Date or select DateTime as Date from Access
I am getting DateTime values out of an Access Database and I want to only use the Date part of this field. I have tried to cast the returned value to a DateTime value and then format the DateTime to only show the Date part in the toString() fcn. <asp:Label runat="server" Text='<%# getDate(DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.ACTIVE_FROM"))%>'> But I can't cast the object to a DateTime object. I have also tried using DateTime.Parse() but this gives an error saying that the format is not correct.         {       ...

Access access
========== Hi, Everyone ... I'm going to lock this thread for now. If you have a question about working with Access in Web Matrix, please start a new thread in this forum. Otherwise, this thread will get to be unwieldy. Thanks! ========== Updated 6/29/03 Hello, everyone. I've been working with the new version of Web Matrix (version .6, build 812, available right now!). In particular, I've been playing with support for Microsoft Access, which is one of the great new features in the new release. I wrote up some notes on what I've found to share some of my experiences and to a...

accessing access
------=_NextPart_000_029B_01C29063.1E2098D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! I am trying to access an access mdb file for the first time. I get the following error: Can't connect(dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb ), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at jfa_data.pl line 147 for the code: my $dbh = DBI->connect( "dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb", "", "", ) or die "Unable to connect: ". $DBI::errstr. "<br>"; What am I missing? Thanks, Jer...

DBI, MS Access, inserting/updating a Access Date/Time value
Hi, Does anyone have any idea what is up with Microsoft Access and its ridiculous Date/Time formatting options? It doesn't seem to matter what format I attempt to insert with. The directory and db file permissions are all Full Control. I'm using the "#" around the Date/Time format as required. The database has nothing as the Format in Design view on the General tab. The insert below has never worked once. On the up side if I run an insert that has no mention of the Date/Time field then it will just insert the record using the =Now() function as the default va...

Accessing a MS Access database
Hi, I would like to do a lookup into an Access database, and display the result in a grid. I'm an embedded programmer being thrown into the world of .net, asp, VB, and databases so I don't know where to start :-) ...... can anyone help me ? Thanks. Really jus ta matter of making a connection, doing your query, and displaying results. Here is a sample from a module I use. The data is bound to a datagrid. Sub LoadSchedule() Dim strSrc As String = CType(Settings("src"), String) If Trim(strSrc) <> "" Then ...

Access to MS-Access denied
I'm moving data from MS-Access *.mdb files (using Win32::ODBC) to a postgresql database (using DBD:Pg). While I'n not having problems to do it with many ordinary *.mdb files I'm unable now to transfer data from an Access file which is protected. As a matter of fact the launching icon on my NT desktop has the following line in it (which gives me r/w rights on the db): "C:\programs\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCES.EXE""V:\PE\myfile.mdb/user De Martino/nostartup". I've tried to give the login "De Martino" (no password is required) to the ...

DBD::Access? [was: MS Access]
The message further below went accidentally not to the list... > Tim Harsch wrote: > > Forgive my naivity (or just flawed understanding) but how would one go > about creating a DBD::Access? For instance DBD::Oracle is built on > OCI, does Access have a similar network protocol? I thought that ODBC > was about the only MS supported method of communicating to it... One of the earlier mails said: > > From: Tim Bunce > > On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 10:27:20AM -0700, Jeff Zucker wrote: > > > Orlando Andico wrote: > > > > > >...

Retrieving image from 1 form to another form. (VB.Net & MS Access)
Hello!I'm getting the image in 1st form from database. When I'm moving to 2nd form how can i get the same image in form load?Thanks & RegardsPrasanna T Hi, Based on my understanding, you can display an image which is stored in the database on the form, and you want to display this image on another page.  If I have misunderstood you, please feel free to let me know. If we want to display the same image that is stored in the database, we can save the image into the folder and then refer to this image path using Image control on another page. I hope this helps. Thomas...

accessing linked Access table from .net
We have an access database with a linked table to MYOB through ODBC. The MYOB table appears in access with a green dot indicating it's a linked table. In Access it all works fine. When we try to get at it through .net, it brings up DB_SEC_E_AUTH_FAILED(0x80040E4D) which as far as I can see indicates authentication failed. Any idea what is required to be able to use it from.Net? You might try this stepp0, put in admin for the username and leave the password blank (unless you specified other) Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Components\Databases\Db.m...

How to Access a MS Access Database in a webserver
i, I have a database that is located outside of root. /database /myzone /clients /test /WebAPPTest4/default.aspx I was given following code by my host but I couldnt get it work. ****************************************************** Private Sub Connection() Dim strPath = Server.MapPath("/") Dim strPathDatabase = Replace(strPath, "\www", "\database") Dim strConnection = strPathDatabase & "\RecordLabel.mdb" Dim sConnectionString As New String("Provider=Microsof...

Web resources about - Retrieve Only Date from DateTime in Ms Access - asp.net.access-datasource

Facebook Developers Can Retrieve Users’ Profile Pictures In Different Sizes
Facebook introduced a way for developers to retrieve users’ profile pictures for use within their applications in different sizes, rather than ...

Winston retrieves the news - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... food and losing weight. Three months ago, we were told he had lymphosarcoma of the GI tract. On March 10, 2008, Winston was called to go retrieve ...

Dolphin retrieves phone for a lady after it fell in the ocean - YouTube
Dolphin retrieves phone for a lady after it fell in the ocean

Man killed by train after jumping on tracks to retrieve something
A man has been killed by a train after jumping onto the tracks to retrieve something at Wentworthville Station.

People Are Willing To Go To Extreme Lengths To Retrieve Their Stolen Smartphones
People are willing to pay a ton of money and potentially put themselves in danger to retrieve their stolen smartphones, a new survey has found. ...

NSA surveillance program can retrieve, replay phone calls
The NSA has built a voice interception program capable of recording 100 per cent of a foreign country's calls and replaying voices from calls ...

Divers retrieve body from NSW floodwaters
A woman's body has been retrieved from a submerged car in a creek in Maitland.

Tourist plunges to death from Potts Point rooftop park trying to retrieve football: police
A French tourist who fell to his death from a rooftop park in Potts Point in inner Sydney was attempting to retrieve a football that had gone ...

Rescuers retrieve bodies after Brazilian tour bus crash kills 54
At least 54 people have been killed after a tour bus plunged hundreds of metres into a densely wooded ravine in southern Brazil, authorities ...

Investigators retrieve more human remains at MH17 crash site in eastern Ukraine but wreckage cannot yet ...
Dutch forensic experts recover further human remains at the crash site of downed flight MH17.