Query two tables in separate .mdb files

I would like to build a query that utilizes two different tables.  Each table exists in a separate .mdb file.

I don't even know if this is possible or how I would start. Any thoughts?
Sean W.
Sean W.
0
SeanW

I linked the tables within one of the Access databases.  Not the method I wanted, so if anyone knows how to link tables programmatically from within ASP.NET, I would appreciate hearing about it.
Sean W.
0
SeanW

query for two mdb files
I use Delphi 7 with ADO I need ask a one query to tables in two different access (*.mdb) file. It is possible? > {quote:title=Piotr Muller wrote:}{quote} > I use Delphi 7 with ADO > I need ask a one query to tables in two different access (*.mdb) file. > It is possible? I think you need to use the "IN" operator, but check all the syntax options in this article. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/113701 There are many other sources of info on this. I Googled "access sql multiple MDB" and found that link on the first page of hits. mIKE > {...

How to convert the access 97 mdb file to access 2000 mdb?
i am using the PB6.5 with access 97 mdb file, as my access file contain some PB functions in it, and now i need to convert that mdb to access 2000, i tried, but i lost all the PB functions, can anyone tell me how to keep the file in new format but keep the old function. ...

Query two Access database files at the same time
I have two database files: one contains company names and IDs, the other contains deal information. I need to write a query that displays the company name along with the deal record. In the Access query builder I managed to do this with 'Deals LEFT JOIN [;database=<company database file>].Suppliers' and it works perfectly. When I try to use that working query with a TADOQuery component in D6 I get a 'Parameter object improperly defined...' error. Is there a way to use the [;database syntax in Delphi or is there a different way to combine the databases to look up...

showing data from two tables in access file
Dim S As String = "select * from A , B" Dim CON As New Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection("PROVIDER=MICROSOFT.JET.OLEDB.4.0;DATA SOURCE=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\A.MDB")Dim dad As New Data.OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(S, CON) dad.Fill(dst, "am")Dim dv As Data.DataView dv = dst.Tables("am").DefaultView dv.RowFilter = "id in (" & Label2.Text & ")"Me.GridView1.DataSource = dv DataBind()     this code should work but it is not showing anything in gridview, may be there is ksome problem that im unable to find,... plz do temme w...

ADO Query to Append Tables from two Access Databases
I want to append a table form one database to a table from another database. Both tables have exactly same structure and the databases are developed using MS Access. How to write ADO query to do this? My query would be something like this: AppendQuery.SQL.Clear; AppendQuery.SQL.Add('insert into tbl1'); AppendQuery.SQL.Add('Select * '); AppendQuery.SQL.Add('from tbl2'); AppendQuery.ExecSQL; How to distinguish that tbl1 and tbl2 are from two different ADO Datasets in this query? To which datasource AppendQuery will be attached? Thanks. Shobha ...

accessing linked Access table from .net
We have an access database with a linked table to MYOB through ODBC. The MYOB table appears in access with a green dot indicating it's a linked table. In Access it all works fine. When we try to get at it through .net, it brings up DB_SEC_E_AUTH_FAILED(0x80040E4D) which as far as I can see indicates authentication failed. Any idea what is required to be able to use it from.Net? You might try this stepp0, put in admin for the username and leave the password blank (unless you specified other) Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Components\Databases\Db.m...

how to convert Access MDB file into an ASCII file ?
Hi, I have opensuse 11 installed. I would like to know if from this OS, there's a way to export a Table from Microsoft Access MDB file, into CSV or ASCII text format? But I need it to run from the shell, because I would like to put this command into a script to run automatically. For example, something like this: mdbtools <filename.mdb> <table name> <output_filename.txt> -- newbie09 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Trouble with access is that it uses microsoft's own formatting and not that many a...

Can ADO.Net query/update a MS Access database that contains table and fields that contain blank spaces and characters such as "#" in their names?????
I've recently been assigned an asp.net/MS Access project. My code works fine; however, there are table and fields in the Access database that contain blank spaces and characters such as "#" in their names. For example there is a table named "Purchase Orders" and in this table there are a few column fields with names such as "PO#" and “Customer PO#". My question: Is there some sort of wrapping method that I need to implement to allow my ADO.net objects (particularly the "OleDbDataAdapter" and the "DataRow") to accept these naming...

How do I retrieve data from two tables in two separate databases
I'd like to get a result set that consists of data drawn from tables in two separate databases which are on the same server. I'm using the following connection string "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password= mypassowrd + ";Persist Security Info=True;User ID=myusername + ";Initial Catalog="mydatabase";Data Source=myserver I'm guessing that there must be a way to list multiple databases in the connection string. But, I haven't found out how to do it. And, I've tried using this string to connect to the the 2nd database with the syntax database2....

Two Queries from Two different Databases = ONE Display/Table
What is the best approach to handle this situation?  I have three different databases, which has it's own stored procedure.  I need to call them all at page load and piece together the data.  The common demoninator is the date.  2007 JAN FEB MAR APR row 1 50 60 89 63 row 2 44 21 62 46 2006 JAN FEB MAR APR row 1 60 90 65 41 row2 984 650 452 762 Row 1 and Row 2 come from two different databases and stored procedures.  How can I query the data and present it as it's shown above? Thank you!  &qu...

How to Create .mdb file from Excel file using C#.net
Hi all I want to create .mdb file that i have created excel feel from MS jet Database... through code behind Help me in this..  Regards RaviPlease click "mark as answer" if this post helped you. How to create an mdb file programmtically:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317881How to import Excel data into it: http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=79 Regards Mike [MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]My site...

Problem with parsing csv file and writing into two separate files
Hello, I would like to parse a .csv file and write certain records into two separate files. The program below writes the records easily into the csvtmp.csv but the second file is only created with no records written. I cannot see the problem here, the second file is produced easily if the first loop is discarded. Any ideas? Thanks. -L ====================================== #!/bin/perl use warnings; use strict; use Text::CSV_XS; use Tie::Handle::CSV; my $fh = Tie::Handle::CSV->new(csv_parser => Text::CSV_XS->new({binary => 1}), f...

Problem with parsing csv file and writing into two separate files #2
Hello, I would like to parse a .csv file and write certain records into two separate files. The program below writes the records easily into the csvtmp.csv but the second file is only created with no records written. I cannot see the problem here, the second file is produced easily if the first loop is discarded. Any ideas? Thanks. -L ====================================== #!/bin/perl use warnings; use strict; use Text::CSV_XS; use Tie::Handle::CSV; my $fh = Tie::Handle::CSV->new(csv_parser => Text::CSV_XS->new({binary => 1}), ...

accessing two tables
Hi I want to run these two queries. Select * from table1; select actid from table2 where table1.actname=table2.actname Can I send both of these queries in one query ?? because I want to get the results of both the queries in one dataset ds. If I get the results from both tables in the ds, is this the correct wy to access data from ds??? ds.Tables[table1].Rows[i]["coulmnname"] ds.Tables[table2].Rows[i]["coulmnname"] Yes CommandText = "SELECT * FROM table1; select table2.actid from table2 JOIN table1 ON table2.actname=table1.actn...

Web resources about - Query two tables in separate .mdb files - asp.net.access-datasource

Separate system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Separate system is a form of prison management based on the principle of keeping prisoners in solitary confinement . When first introduced ...

4Q EARNINGS CALL: Zuckerberg Discusses ‘Separate Mobile Apps’ Just Prior To Paper Announcement
Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg wasn’t joking about “building separate mobile applications beyond the main Facebook app” during the ...

Facebook tests ‘Pages Feed’ so fans can see all updates in separate stream
Some Facebook users are seeing a separate “ Pages Feed ” where they can view all the updates from pages they Like in a single stream. This seems ...

Startup Founders and Entrepreneurs : What separates the top 10% of startup CEOs from the rest?
Answer (1 of 55): I've interviewed thousands of CEOs and some things that stand out to me: 1. Good at hiring AND firing. Whenever you find a ...

J is for Jettison, how Orion safely separates its elements during space flight. - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
Once Orion reaches orbit, its Launch Abort System is jettisoned or discarded, releasing the spacecraft into space. Prior to re-entry, the service ...

Separate entry for Australians, New Zealanders, Canadians and citizens of other Realms at Heathrow ...
Andrew Rosindell MP introduces his private members bill on 11 July 2012 in the House of Commons to cure ' a great constitutional injustice'. ...

Gerard Baden-Clay trial: Couple lived separate lives
Allison Baden-Clay and her husband Gerard Baden-Clay were &#8220;living separate lives&#8221; as early as 2009, a court has heard.

Orica to separate chemical arm
Group eyes potential $1bn demerger as it narrows focus on mining services business.

Fire crews investigate three separate housefires overnight
Fire crews are investigating the causes of three separate house fires in Melbourne overnight which resulted in close to $300,000 worth of damage. ...

Statistics don’t lie: de facto couples living in sin more likely to separate, says Families Minister ...
FOR better or worse, Families Minister Kevin Andrews has urged de facto couples to get