problems with connections to access via ADO.NET in VS.NET

 For anyone familiar
with this book, I am having trouble with some code in Chris Payne's
"SAMS Teach Yourself ASP.NET in 21 Days", which calls for me to use
ADO.NET to connect to an Access database I had to create for the "In
Review" project after the second week. The code goes like this (within
the first subroutine):

dim Conn as new OleDbConnection("Provider= Microsoft.Jet.4.0; Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\TYASPNET\banking.mdb")

Now I've tried this, along with setting up a connection through the server explorer in Visual Studio.NET. When I go to run the page, I get an error telling me "Array bounds cannot appear in type specifiers". So I conclude that, by putting the provider and datasource parameters in there, ASP.NET's getting the conection confused, thus I delete all that and just go with the 'Conn' delcaration all by itself. Now, when I run it again, I get the page, which is the login page, HTML and all, and type a username and password from my established connected Access db. when I hit the "Submit" button, I then get an error message saying "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.", and citing the first line of code in the subroutine's "Try/Catch" statement:
objCmd.Connection.Open

could someone help me with this? Is there something with the connection to the access db connection? Help, please.
0
lenmchast

vb.net vs c#.net vs j#.net

Innovation to ADO.NET
Matisse Software Inc. provides its native ADO.NET Data provider for Matisse 6.0, the Database for .NET. Matisse Software has pushed the envelope of Microsoft ADO.NET architecture and extended it into a powerful Object Access Services component for .NET. Matisse’s extension of ADO.NET demonstrates that ADO.NET can evolve beyond the Microsoft architecture to benefit .NET developers. Unlike the standard ADO.NET data provider, which returns data in a table format to integrate seamlessly with relational products, Matisse has extended the ADO.NET architecture to return data in an object format....

ADO in VB6 vs ADO.NET in VB.NET
I am writing a database interface and I would like to know whether a VB6 interface using ADO or a VB.NET interface using ADO.NET would be faster in terms of just performing database operations. Is there an explanation for this, and what is the magnitude of the difference? Thanks in advance!...

ORM.NET v.16
Olero Software has released version 1.6 of ORM.NET - the popular object relational mapping and code generation tool. ORM.NET saves .NET developers significant time and effort by generating a complete ADO.NET based Data Access Layer (DAL) modeled on an existing SQL database schema. Version 1.6 NOW SUPPORTS VB.NET code generation as well as the ability to easily customize project namespaces. Download a free trial and see the difference ORM.NET will make on your next .NET project at www.olero.com/ormweb/index.aspx?mp=aspnet Stop manually coding your ADO.NET data access layer! ...

Using VS.Net Data Connection Tool to Connect to Access Dbase?
I am trying to use the Visual Studio.Net data connection tool to connect to an Access database on a network server, not on my client machine. I've tried everything I can think of but nothing works. Can anyone provide steps/instructions/example/link about how to do this. My Access dbase, named sample.mdb, is located on a server at http://IP/AccountFolder, so the complete location is http://IP/AccountFolder/sample.mdb It is not password protected, but access to the account folder requires a username and password. The connection tool seems to be oriented to connecting to MSDK on th...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Problem with using access and ado.net
i am having a problem with this following example of usng a an access databse and desginng a vb.net front form in visual studio.net.. Below is the code everything compiles however i don't understand why i am not getting anything from the database in to the text boxes on the form.. Public Class fclsMain Inherits System.Windows.Forms.Form Private m_cnAdoNetConnection As New OleDb.OleDbConnection Private m_daDataAdapter As New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter Private m_cbCommandBuilder As OleDb.OleDbCommandBuilder Private m_dtContacts As New DataTable Priva...

Connect to MS Access with ADO.Net
I connect PB 10.5 to MSAccess with ADO.Net with the following connection string; // Profile SQLCA.DBMS = "ADO.Net" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "Namespace='System.Data.OleDb',DataSource='c:\datos.mdb',Provider='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' ,TrimSpaces=1,OJSyntax='ANSI',DelimitIdentifier='No',DateFormat='#dd-mm-yyyy#' ,DateTimeFormat='#dd-mm-yy hh:mm:ss#',TimeFormat='#hh:mm:ss#'" but PB not recognize the primary keys of the tables ?? In the IDE i can't change data and save changes ??? ...

problem connecting .net with access in 64bit
Hi, I have created a quite big web application in a windows 32-bit system with c# that uses an access database with the jet engine (4). Lately, we have to move the whole thing to a new 64bit server - with windows 2003 64-bit. The aspx pages work fine, but wherever I try to open the mdb it fails with a message that ole.jet engine is not registered on this machine. I searched a bit and I reinstalled mdac 8, but no luck at all. I also tried to install some service packs for jet engine (64bit) but it always says that it is not for this hardware. When I try to check the odbc drivers it also...

Problem with Connection of Informix .NET Provider with .NET.
Hello All, I am facing problem regarding connection of .NET with IBM Informix .NET Data Provider.I got a help from IBM site of Manual to connect with .NET and accessing informix as a informix .net data provider you need to import IBM.Informix.data as a namespace to access .NET based informix classes as similar to access sql server using namespace system.data.sqlclient.In that manual written as following---- Before you use the IBM Informix .NET Provider, you must execute the script, cdotnet.sql, against the sysmaster database as the user informix. So, my problem is that...

VS.NET 2005 vs VS.NET 2003

accessing MS Access from .net
hi I am accessing ms access data base which has a table called customers. when i try to insert data into the table i am gettign the error like "Operation must use an updatable query" and the line its showing is myOleDbcommand.ExecuteNonQuery() here is my code in page lode event Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim StrConnectString as String Dim strStatement as String strConnectSTring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password='';User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Srinu\WebApplication2\...

query works from Access but not via ADO.net?
below is a query that runs fine in MS Access itself, but is not working when I use it as the commandText of an ado.net command object. I am creating a command object and using the executeReader() method to assign it as the dataSource of a DataGrid. If I just use a simple "SELECT * FROM tablename" the DataGrid fills fine. But when I use the query I need to use the DataGrid is not displayed. Here is the query I'm trying to use: SELECT tblMain.MainID, tblMain.Title, tblMain.ShortDesc, tblMain.CreatedOn, tblMain.ModifiedOn FROM tblMain WHERE EXISTS (SELECT tblKeyphrases.MainID F...

Accessing ASA via D2006 and ADO.Net
ADO.Net/Delphi 2006 Is the ODBCConnection and its related components the best way to access ASA? I am using this approach and i get a "wrong number of parameters" error message from ODBC. The stored proc is correct as is the number of parameters TIA Ephraim "Ephraim" <ephraim@no-spam.com> wrote: > ADO.Net/Delphi 2006 > > Is the ODBCConnection and its related components the best way to access > ASA? And what is the server version? Anyway, I prefer NativeDB. Dmitri. Version 9.0.2.3420 "Dmitri" <NOdimSPA...

Web resources about - problems with connections to access via ADO.NET in VS.NET - asp.net.access-datasource

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

Arrest made in connection with California mosque fire
CNN Arrest made in connection with California mosque fire CNN (CNN) A California man was arrested Saturday in connection with a fire at a ...