Operation must use an updateable query error when using Access db

I am developing an ASP .NET application at work (Windows 2000 Pro, Access 2000) and have been taking a copy of it home to test.  When I run the application at home (Windows XP Pro, Access XP) I can log into the app and display DataGrids, which means I can read data in tables.  If I try to update data in a table I get a "Operation must use an updateable query" error.  As far as I know, the IIS is configured the same on the two machines.  The only differences are the operating systems and the version of MS Access.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Regards,

Jim Bonacorda

Train Hard, Train Smart, Race Hard, Race Smart, Stay Safe
0
jbnacorda

This is a really well known problem.  The ASPNET user does not have rights to create files in the folder where the MDB is.

Look at this post.
Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:
Programming Microsoft Web Forms
My Blog
0
douglas

FIX: Operation must use an updateable query
See this thread: http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=141946 EDIT: ----------------------------- 27th of December 2004 See also this KB article: PRB: Cannot connect to Access database from ASP.NET http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q316675/ If using Windows Server 2003 (IIS 6), note this: http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=209050 -----------------------------Thanks,Teemu KeiskiFinland, EU When I don't want to mess with permissions, I simply transfer the site on a FAT partition. Otherwise, you'd have to do what the others have suggeste...

Issue Tracker [ACCESS db] -ERROR: Operation must use an updateable query.
I encounter the error above while running the IssueTracker using Access Database version of VB VS =============================== [OleDbException (0x80004005): Operation must use an updateable query.] System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextErrorHandling(Int32 hr) +41 System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextForSingleResult(tagDBPARAMS dbParams, Object& executeResult) +174 System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText(Object& executeResult) +92 System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, Object& executeResult)...

error updating excel spreadsheet using vb.net
I have written an application to handle invoices.  At the end of the process, they can print the voucher out as an excel spreadsheet.  It has been working and I have moved the application to production. I can't get the spreadsheet to update.  I get this error.  Operation must use an updateable query excel spreadsheet using vb.net  I think it is some sort of permission issue or something to do with the jet engine but I have tried everything I can think of. This generally means that the ASPNet user does not have the correct ("change") permissions to sav...

Operation must use an updateable query-- Access Error
Hello Guys ,Please could someone tell me how resolve this error . I have tried my best but still the error keep coming up on the shared hosting server. "Operation must use an updateable query"Everything works perfectly fine on my personal computer but the moment I upload it to the shared hosting server then problem starts again. Please provide me information on how to resolve it because my hosting company can't resolve it.CheerscsBinder Let your hosting company know the location of your Access database, and ask that they give the ASPNET user write permissions for that .mdb file.If you like...

ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable query.
Hello, I am a Newbie to ASP.Net 2.0 I have table named Tests in MS Access, consisting of 2 columns: id (Autonumber, ReplicationID,Primary Key) testcolumn (Text,255) I get following error: ----------------------------------------------- ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Operation must use an updateable query. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ...

Error msg: Operation must use an updateable query, on an ASPnet file w/ Access database.
The codes are shown below.  Instead of coding a btn_click script, this example used a Sub InsertRecord():Sub Page_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)If Page.IsPostBack ThenInsertRecord()End IfEnd Sub On the web page, I typed in an email address, a fname, a lname, and a pwd.Clicking the Submit button showed the above error msg.  Clicking the button should run the InsertRecord().  Am I right?  What's wrong with theInsertRecord()?TIA,JeffreystrClasf = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _"Data Source=" & _Server.MapPath("/App_Dat...

"Operation must use an updateable query" when writing to an Access DB from a web page.
Hello, and thank you for your attention... I get the error thrown above whenever i try to write to my Access DB.  I have tried to do so through many different methods,  here are some details.  I am using VS.NET and working in C#.  Initially i wrote all my database access myself using DataAdapters and DataSets.  The tests all ran fine using NUnit but as soon as a web page was used to run the same code this error was returned.  I have previously looked it up and found that it was most likely a permission issue.  I have fiddled around a lot with various optio...

Could not use ''; file already in use. or Operation must use an updateable query.
 i developed a web application using ms-access and locally it works all fine i able to insert/update and delete but when i publish the web site to shared hosting company, i started having problemssome times i get error like: Operation must use an updateable query.   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Operation must use an updateable query   OR the below error   do you know how do i fix this? i'm really concern will i be able to use ms-access mdb in web ?, i will be hitting around 20 to 50 users, i do not have any other choice but to use MDB. Server Error in '...

Update Error
Does any see what the problem is with this? Dim conn As OleDbConnection conn = New OleDbConnection(MyPath) Dim cmdUpdate As OleDbCommand FirstUpdatePart = String.Format( _ "Update Ads Set Job_LDesc = '{0}' Where KeyArea = '{1}'", Me.txtJob_LDesc.Text, _ pasRecId) cmdUpdate = New OleDbCommand(FirstUpdatePart & ";", conn) cmdUpdate.Connection.Open() cmdUpdate.ExecuteNonQuery() cmdUpdate.Connection.Close()  *All fields look correct, but I get the error 'Operation must use an updatable query.'   ThanksThanks Is it possible that KeyArea is an int field and you are...

Using the AS in a SQL query accessing an Access DB
Hello, I'm using a Asp.Net GridView for the first time and am VERY pleased with how easy it is to set up. However, I'm running into a couple of simple problems. First, my query looks like this: sql.Append("SELECT DISTINCT a As 'something somthing' ...") My problem is that when I view the grid, the single quotes actually show up. When I eliminate them, no results are found (because of the spaces). How do I get around this? Also, I selected the features Edit and Delete in the GridView (using VWD Express). How do I go about actually implementing those? I am g...

Using parameters in querying an Access DB and using Datasets
Once a user has logged into my application, they are directed to their admin page.  On there, it will display if they have any new messages.  I can assign the login name to the variable "yourname". The messages are stored in the unimaginatively titled 'messages' table.  The msgto and msgfrom fields are linked to the 'logins' table where the names are stored.  So far, I have created a tableadapter and have the query that will list the required fields for all the messages that are unread: SELECT     m...

Error: Operation must use an updateable query?
We recently installed IIS and set up several student accounts over the network. We are testing the setup by running aspx pages connecting to an Access Database. All SQL "select" statements are properly executed and results are returned, but SQL "insert" and "update" statements return the error "Operation must use an updateable query." Does anyone know the source of the problem or the solution? Thanks This is a well known issue covered in this thread. It is a security issue...Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms...

Error :Operation must use an updateable query.
 i have a web application.it works correctly, on my local computer.it contains some paths.on local it works with path like: "c:/folder/db.mdb"when i change the path to: server.mappath("db.mdb") , on locate it on web server, it can connect to db.mdbbut when it should insert or update data , the following error ocurs.would u please help me?regards Server Error in '/' Application. Operation must use an updateable query. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and wher...

Error!! Operation must use an updateable query.
 ı uploaded my website but ı saw this error message!! can you help me, thanks  Operation must use an updateable query. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Operation must use an updateable query.Source Error: Line 10: veriler.Open() Line 11: Dim secim As New OleDbCommand("insert into kutuk (adi,soyadi) values ('" & ad & &q...

Web resources about - Operation must use an updateable query error when using Access db - asp.net.access-datasource

App Store - SkySafari 3 Plus
Get SkySafari 3 Plus on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

DirectX - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Microsoft DirectX is a collection of application programming interfaces (APIs) for handling tasks related to multimedia , especially game programming ...

weaver a pioneer of collaboration business
Enterprise Information Portal Based on e-cology Businesses can use Weaver e-cology to customize enterprise information portal for individual ...

Jawbone BIG JAMBOX Wireless Speaker - Videos
Watch the BIG JAMBOX video and see how versatile this SmartSpeaker is. Bring your music, movies, games and calls to life - anywhere.

Jawbone Jambox review - All About Symbian
Although there are a number of smartphones with capable speakers (Nokia 5800/X6/N8 all come to mind), many have loudspeakers which are rather ...

Touchscreen vs. Keyboard, the Sequel
Last week, I wrote about how touchscreens are forcing the reinvention of keyboards , looking into how touchscreen keypads are easily updateable, ...

Making the lives of IT easier: Windows 8 Refresh, Reset, and Windows To Go
In spite of BUILD's developer focus, Microsoft has shown off a few Windows 8 …

Book as process, book as byproduct, book as conversation
... on the net. So now we arrive back that the book I apologized for not writing in WWGD? — digital, clickable, linkable, correctable, updateable, ...

Cloudfuji - Developer blog index
Log in Cloudfuji Blog Posts Integrate Pivotal Tracker with Cloudfuji with just a Token and URL 10 Jun 2012 How Cloudfuji uses Cloud Foundry to ...

buddabelly at Daily Kos
short diary as there's not much to it...My last windows box died on me and I was given an old iMac G4 1 gig withan 80 gig hard drive and almost ...