ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC

Completely new at this so please forgive my ignorance!

I have an app running on IIS 5 and 6 that when connecting to a SQL Db (via ODBC) app runs fine; however when switching to a local MS Access Db, application fails, generating the following message:

"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

  FAIL - ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error. ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Disk or network error.</string> "
I I have confirmed that the following users have Modify rights to both the folder where the Db resides and the Db itself: ASPNet, IUSR and IWAM. I also have the anonymous access set to the IUSR account on the directory security tab for the site. Site is running under the Default Site and Application Pool (IIS6) in IIS. App pool idenity is set to Network Service. Is there a temp folder somewhere that I am missing setting the permissions to? Thanks in advance for your help!

0
pairsj

Are you using any of the membership providers in asp.net2.0
to access the .mdb file. If yes you need to set the aspnet propertie in that also.

Check whether you have ms access installed on the server or else
MS jet engine

Sid heart
0
jsiddharthj
8/5/2008 6:21:22 PM

No, I am not. I also have MS Access on the server and am able to make a connection to a VB 6 application using the same ODBC connection

0
pairsj
8/5/2008 6:27:10 PM

It would be more useful to see your connection string.  Also, is this a classic asp app or an ASP.NET one? And finally, why are you using ODBC with Access?  You should be using the native Jet provider.

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting
8/5/2008 7:06:20 PM

The connection string is simply "DSN=INVENTORY".

I am using the Microsoft Access driver found with ODBC (ODBCJT32.DLL v. 4.00.6304.00)

0
pairsj
8/5/2008 7:15:44 PM

Sorry, I am using the ODBC driver so that the client can configure themselves, as using native drivers would be beyond the technical skill of the client

0
pairsj
8/5/2008 7:17:32 PM

DSNs with Access are not recommended. As I suggested, use the Jet provider instead. http://www.connectionstrings.com/?carrier=access

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting
8/5/2008 7:55:50 PM

Mike,

 I was able to find the issue. Needed to give the IUSR Modfy rights to the the following directory: C:\Document and Settings\<Machine Name>\ASPNET\Local Settings\Temp

Believe that we still would have had the same issue if we used the Jet provider.

Thanks for suggestions!

0
pairsj
8/5/2008 8:04:13 PM

Yes you would have got the same problem using the Jet provider, but I would advise you to use it nevertheless.

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting

Powerbuilder connection to MS Access using ODBC on XP
My Powerbuilder app currently connects correctly to an MS Access db to import data using ODBC on an NT platform. We are upgrading to XP and the connection fails. I get this error message : "DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation" I think that it may need a .dll for XP in order to connect. Any help would be great. Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp It sounds like your ODBC drivers aren't registered with XP. Try doing the PB runtime installation again and make sure you setup th...

Error ODBC 999
I have crerated a datawindow based on a DB2/4000 database. I have no problem accessing/retrieving/updating data when runnning application under PB dev. environment. When I generate an .exe application, I have the following message : "Select error: An error occured, yet no message was returned by the database driver". In the odbc log file i have the following error : "Error 999 (rc -1) : An error occured..." Did you experienced such a problem ? Thanks for your help. ...

PB6.5 Connecting via ODBC to MS Access DB
I tried to connect to Access DB(created using access 2000 XP professional ) via ODBC in PB6.5. It connects successfully without any error messages but when i try to select table from the DB. PB6.5 prompt me the below error: SQLSTATE = S10003 [Micsoft ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of range My ODBC driver is ver 4.0 and OS is Win 2000 and Win98 How can i solve this problems??? You need to install PB651 and then of the last EBFs. PB6.5 doesn't know what to do with ODBC4. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post....

connect from MS access to ASE 12.5 though ODBC
Hallo group, I would like to connect tables from MS access 2000 running on my windows 2000 PC to my Sybase ASE 12.5 Server running on a Solaris 8 server over ODBC. The ODBC driver is named "Sybase ASE ODBC driver" version "3.70.00.20" I get a connection to the database but if I choose a table I get the error: "Reserved Error (-7748); there is no Message on this error". Any ideas? Regards Thomas This was answered in another thread. Please do NOT post the same message to more than one newsgroup. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] ...

connect from MS access to ASE 12.5 though ODBC
Hallo group, I would like to connect tables from MS access 2000 running on my windows 2000 PC to my Sybase ASE 12.5 Server running on a Solaris 8 server over ODBC. The ODBC driver is named "Sybase ASE ODBC driver" version "3.70.00.20" I get a connection to the database but if I choose a table I get the error: "Reserved Error (-7748); there is no Message on this error". Any ideas? Regards Thomas Thomas Matej wrote: > Hallo group, > > I would like to connect tables from MS access 2000 running on > my windows 2000 PC to my ...

12.5 ODBC using Microsoft Access error -7748
Dear Sybase, I have been having a problem using an ODBC connection with Microsoft Access 2000 on Windows XP and Windows 2000. I have installed EBF's 10242, 10430 and 10580. I installed these updates not because of a specific problem but because out of blind luck I found them on the Sybase Web site under ASE 12.5 EBF's. After many hours of searching on the Sybase web site I finally found the fix for my ODBC/MS Access problem. But what I'd like to know is why - for some unknown reason Sybase did not find it useful information to the Technical POC's of ASE 12.5 ...

Accessing MS Access through the DBI ODBC
Hi all, I am trying to access an MS Access database via perl DBI and I am unable = to. I checked the security and there is only one 'Admin' user with no = password and I use that in my connection string. However, I cannot = connect. Please help. Regards, Javier Moreno Hi Javier, > I am trying to access an MS Access database via perl DBI and I am unable to. I checked the security and there is only one 'Admin' user with no password and I use that in my connection string. However, I cannot connect. Please help. > 1. Create an ODBC connection via %Sys...

PB 6.5 & MS Access : ODBC Error S1003
Hi All, I am trying to connect to MS Access 97 using ODBC drivers and PB 6.5 throws me out with error SQLSTATE = S1003 : Program type out of range. I am using ODBC driver version 4.00.420200 It does creates pb system tables into that Access database but all these pbcatcol,pbcattbl... are empty. Thanks in Advance. The problem is with the newer version of ODBC, which added some datatypes that older versions of PB don't know how to deal with. You can either upgrade PB (6.5.x maintenance release) or downgrade ODBC (there is a tech note on the MSDN site explaining how). On...

MS SQL through MS Access using DBI:ODBC
Hi When connecting an MS SQL database from MS Access it is necessary to use the option dbSeeChanges with db.openrecordset. This is ok when using Visual Basic but is it possible to access the data using DBI:ODBC. Win2000 MS SQL version 7 MS Access 97 perl 5.005 (build 509) W32ODBC.pm,v 10.1 1998/08/14 Thanks. Ian ...

ODBC Connection to MS ACCESS
I'm trying to make an ODBC connection between Microsoft Access and Sybase Adaptive Server 6.00.03.274. (ODBC driver is 6.00.03.2747) I keep getting the following error message in MS ACCESS: Reserved error (-7748); there is no message for this error. I can see the SQL tables but cannot make the final connection. I sent an email to Sybase and got a message back that they had no suggestions or solution. Is there someone at Sybase that will help me with this problem. We are running Access 97. Appreciate your help. Thanks. dzg5@cdc.gov Jim Gergely Are you ...

How to connect MS Access with ODBC
Hi all, I am meeting a big problem. I try to use Perl to connect MS Access database from a remote machine . But I can not find a good way. I want use the DSN-less way. I search it from google, and get this example: use DBI; $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:ODBC:driver=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb);dbq=f:\db1.mdb'); My question is how to setup the host name or port number? Like this: $dbh = DBI->connect('dbi:ODBC:driver=Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb);ServerPort:128.128.110.110;dbq=f:\db1.mdb'); , right? or replace ServerPort with HOST? All of them do not wo...

MS Access ODBC Connection
How to connect MS Access 97 database to PowerBuiler Application? If PowerBuilder doesn't provide ODBC Driver for MS Accesss, How can I get it and how can I redistribute it to general customers who will use our application? ...

Connecting to Access using ODBC
I am trying to connect to an Access 2000 database using ODBC. I have created my profile in Powerbuilder, but when I try to connect to the database from within Powerbuilder, I get the following error message: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range Here are my specs: Microsoft Access 2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1) Window 2000 Operating System Powerbuilder 6.5 Build 444 ODBC Driver Version = 4.00.5303.01 File = ODBCJT32.Dll Date = 7/26/2000 You need to either upgrade PB to at least version 6.5. or above, or downgrade ODBC. ...

Error accessing an ODBC datasource
I'm getting the following error when trying to retrieve a table from an ODBC datasource:ERROR [HY000] Select column not from specified server table(s).: Select column not from specified server table(s).I am running Visual Studio 2003, .Net Framework 1.1, IIS 6.0My code is as follows:Public Function GetShipStatusIDs(ByVal intCustomerId As Integer) As DataTable        Dim myConnection As New OdbcConnection("DSN=WEBCONNECT")        Dim myCommand As OdbcCommand        Dim myReader As OdbcDa...

Web resources about - ODBC Connection error using IIS 5 and MS Access ODBC - asp.net.access-datasource

The Direct Connection

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

Cross-cultural Connections and Exchange: international study is more important than ever
... And, as a minority of ill-intentioned individuals and groups do their best to create divides, we need citizens equipped to create connections ...

Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack
Mali arrests 2 in connection with deadly hotel attack