Linking Access Db tables to a different Access Db using the Internet.

I am looking for the simplest way in ms Access to link up to tables in a different Access database (using ASP or not). It works in a LAN, now I want to use the internet instead. If possible without inviting a heavy load of redundant features. Anybody willing to advice?

Robert

0
robertb43

accessing linked Access table from .net
We have an access database with a linked table to MYOB through ODBC. The MYOB table appears in access with a green dot indicating it's a linked table. In Access it all works fine. When we try to get at it through .net, it brings up DB_SEC_E_AUTH_FAILED(0x80040E4D) which as far as I can see indicates authentication failed. Any idea what is required to be able to use it from.Net? You might try this stepp0, put in admin for the username and leave the password blank (unless you specified other) Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Components\Databases\Db.m...

Using the AS in a SQL query accessing an Access DB
Hello, I'm using a Asp.Net GridView for the first time and am VERY pleased with how easy it is to set up. However, I'm running into a couple of simple problems. First, my query looks like this: sql.Append("SELECT DISTINCT a As 'something somthing' ...") My problem is that when I view the grid, the single quotes actually show up. When I eliminate them, no results are found (because of the spaces). How do I get around this? Also, I selected the features Edit and Delete in the GridView (using VWD Express). How do I go about actually implementing those? I am g...

CLR access to Access Db
Hi all,I'm quite desperate. Since two days I'm trying to get data from a access db through a server based clr (vb.net) with an oledb provider. The connection string is: "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;user id=developer;Password=bla;Data source=C:\test\test.mdb;Jet OLEDB:System database=C:\test\test.mdw;Jet OLEDB:Database Password=blabla;"The acces to the db works through access db security with user authentification (*.mdw). When I try the code with a Winfom-Project the connectstring works fine, but the clr always brings a "System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException"&...

Accessing a password protected Access 2002 DB from .Net
Here is my connection string: Dim strConn As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("trivia.mdb") & ";Database Password=jeuxdemots;" but I get the following error: Not a valid password. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Not a valid password. The password is the right one, what am I doing ...

accessing access
------=_NextPart_000_029B_01C29063.1E2098D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! I am trying to access an access mdb file for the first time. I get the following error: Can't connect(dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb ), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at jfa_data.pl line 147 for the code: my $dbh = DBI->connect( "dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb", "", "", ) or die "Unable to connect: ". $DBI::errstr. "<br>"; What am I missing? Thanks, Jer...

Access access
========== Hi, Everyone ... I'm going to lock this thread for now. If you have a question about working with Access in Web Matrix, please start a new thread in this forum. Otherwise, this thread will get to be unwieldy. Thanks! ========== Updated 6/29/03 Hello, everyone. I've been working with the new version of Web Matrix (version .6, build 812, available right now!). In particular, I've been playing with support for Microsoft Access, which is one of the great new features in the new release. I wrote up some notes on what I've found to share some of my experiences and to a...

Using DSN to access ASE12.5 database from a MS ACCESS DB
I recently installed a Sybase ASE12.5 server. After that, I was able to set up an ODBC DSN. However, when I created a hot link from my ACCESS db, I was able to see the table list displayed. I then selected a table, and click on the 'OK' button, immediately I received the following error: Reserverd error (-7747): there is no message for this error. My machine is a WIN2000 machine. I have done the same thing for ASE11.9 and ASE12.0 and have never run into this problem. So, can someone ran into the same probelm and have solution? -- Peter Lo peter.lo@tra...

Using DSN to access ASE12.5 database from a MA ACCESS db (WIN2000)
Yes, I have a table called 'function' which is a keyword in ASE12.5. However, in the database I tried to connect to, I have renamed the 'function' table to other name. I turned on the trace for ODBC and retried again. Here is what I captured in SQL.LOG when I selected the table 'account_ext_info': ============================================================================ === MSACCESS 448-414 EXIT SQLGetData with return code 0 (SQL_SUCCESS) HSTMT 07E41798 UWORD 6 SWORD -8 <SQL_C_WCHAR> PTR 0x0012B550 [ 32] "account_ext_inf...

Dbi objects to access an MS Access Db
I'm having a problem getting Tran-ide to recognize my access 2000 database. I've created a system dsn called Midas and created the attached nnsyreg.dat file and put it into e:\sybase\ImpactClient-5_3\config directory. I've also put this file in my projects directory and still get the following message. Unable to connect to session Midas. Any Advice? Thanks Brent begin 666 nnsyreg.dat M4V5S<VEO;BY-:61A<PT*"4Y.3U1?4TA!4D5$7TQ)0E)!4ED@/2!D8G0R-VUS M;V1B8PT*"4Y.3U1?1D%#5$]265]&54Y#5$E/3B ]($Y.4V5S3T1"0T9A8W1O M<GD-"@E.3E]315-?4T525D52(#T@24U...

deployment: permission problem while accessing access db
Hello !I have access database from which I pull some simple query. When I try to run it on shared web hosting I got following msg: Security Exception Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file. Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Data.OleDb.OleDbPermission, System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutra...

Remote Data Access to MS Access DB
I have been asked to write an Internal application to maintain an MS Access DB. I’m new to ASP.Net, only starting with 2.0. I need to be able to access a MS Access DB on a different server from my ASP.NET 2.0 application. How would I make the connection to this remote Access DB? Also, can I use VWD to do this?   Hi You can find sample code here And you have to configuresecurity settings that are required to connect to a remote Microsoft Access database from ASP.NET   Hope this helps.Sincerely,Young Fang Thanks yyy8347, Before I start,  I was just curious if the ...

Data Access Layer Generator for Access-DB
Hello, i have searched a while on the net for a 'Data Access' code generator which i can use with Microsoft Access. I have found a lot of code generators for using with SQL-server such as LLBL, "MS Data Application Blocks" or the new OlyMars as well. Can anyone tell me if there is a product -if possible with open source- out there with a similar functionality like the products mentioned above for Microsoft Access Databases. Thank you very much for any information regarding this issue.Karsten Hello, for anyone who is interested in such a generator tool... In the mea...

Hi, I use login control. My database in an MS access mdb file. How to set the access db to be the provider of the login control?
Hi I'm pretty new to security, so it may be a qstn of a begginer but i hope you'll help. I have an access db, and I use the login control. The login control uses the asp.net sql server as the provider right? but I want it to use my custom access database as the provider/database how can I do it?   Thanks for the help. The login control will use whichever provider is specified in the <Membership> section of your Web.config.  So in order to use your existing database, you'll probably want to create a custom membership provider.  There are lots of e...

Migrating Data from one Access Database table to a different Access Datbase / Table
A little background Company has a database that must have new records added to it weekly.  The new data is provided via an access database.  The old data is in a another access database.  What I want to do is have them upload the new access database to the ASP (not .net) server and then copy the new records over to the old data to bring it up to date.  At this point they can upload the new database. But I am having a hard time getting that info into the old database.   This is what I have so far,  but I get the following error Microsoft JET Database Engine...

Web resources about - Linking Access Db tables to a different Access Db using the Internet. - asp.net.access-datasource

Is The Virginia GOP Trying To Sabotage Donald Trump’s Shot At A Primary Victory?
While it is widely held that politics makes for “strange bedfellows,” in the present election cycle, politics also seems to breed some rather ...

Korea Box Office: ‘Himalayas’ Dominates Christmas
Survival drama “The Himalayas” breaks Christmas Day record and trounces "Star Wars" again.

BALCO founder Victor Conte slams Al Jazeera PED report
USA TODAY BALCO founder Victor Conte slams Al Jazeera PED report USA TODAY Victor Conte, who was at the center of one of the biggest sports ...

New Two-Child Policy Officially Passes In China: Human Rights Groups Say It Isn’t Enough
After announcing a new two-child policy in China in October, the change in legislation has now been formally approved and will go into effect ...

AP News Guide: A Look at Fatal Police Shooting in Chicago
AP News Guide: A look at the double fatal police shooting in Chicago

Iraqi Forces Securing Ramadi After Ousting IS Fighters
Voice of America Iraqi Forces Securing Ramadi After Ousting IS Fighters Voice of America December 28, 2015 3:42 AM. Iraqi forces are carefully ...

11 Dead In Texas Storms That Spawned Tornadoes
Huffington Post 11 Dead In Texas Storms That Spawned Tornadoes Huffington Post Days of tumultuous weather have led to 43 deaths overall across ...

Japan, South Korea Reach Historic Deal on Wartime 'Comfort Women'
NBCNews.com Japan, South Korea Reach Historic Deal on Wartime 'Comfort Women' NBCNews.com SEOUL, South Korea — The foreign ministers of South ...

Man Arrested on Suspicion of Burning Woman to Death
California man arrested on suspicion of pouring gas on woman, burning her to death

Flip out: Patriots kick to start OT, Jets win it 26-20
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — Brandon Marshall was already rooting on the New York Jets' defense when New England won the overtime coin toss. ...