How to fetch the column from the Dataset using Querystring

Hi,

      I have 'n 'columns in the dataset. Now i want to fetch the required column from the dataset and bind in the gridview. So how to fetch a required column using Query string tyep????

Thanks in Advance

No gain without pain
0
kethare

using an ADO.NET dataset as a datasource for RS
Hi all, Is it possible to use an ADO.NET dataset (as opposed to a Reporting Services dataset) as a datasource in Reporting Services? Thanks. Mike unless I misunderstood your question, I dont think they are different. what xactly is your question.***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.*********************** Yes, they are different. The datasource of a Reporting Services report is called (unfortunately) a "dataset," which is different than a dataset in ADO.NET. My question is as follows: let's say, for example, that I create an ADO.NET dataset in V...

Cannot Access Strongly Typed Dataset columns directly using intellisense
Using VZW, I cannot access the columns directly using intellisense.  I have to access the properties this way, which involves late binding.  Category is the name of the dataset and the name of the data table. Dim dsCat As Category = New CategoryDim taCat As CategoryTableAdapters.CategoryTableAdapter = New CategoryTableAdapters.CategoryTableAdapter Dim rc As Int32Dim CatName As String taCat.Fill(dsCat.Tables("Category"))rc = dsCat.Tables("Category").Rows.CountCatName = dsCat.Tables("Category").Rows(1)("categorydesc") I see all direct access is private in the class vi...

To use queryString or not to use QueryString
I am working on a project that requires loading and unloading user controls. To decide what to load or unload, I need to check two parameters. Problem is currently, I use Request.Querystring parameters to maintain those now and I was wondering if there is a better way to do that that even when the user clicks to refresh the page or tries to hack it, the code behaves in the manner it is supposed to, as in, based on user’s permission, the right action occurs and parameters passed, the right actions occur. Thanks in advance.Net Web/Software Engineer I'v not clear 100% of your question. ...

Data Access Layer (DAL) using Typed DataSets
Hi! I tried the tutorial on http://www.asp.net/learn/data-access/ from Scott Mitchell. It is working perfect!I know that my question is a contradiction to the "slogan" of typed datasets.  But I have a problem with the handling in my .XSD File if I add a new column in my dataTable (a new field is needed in the table on my SQL DB). All queries in the tableAdapter that belongs to the dataTable dont have the new field in the table.I have no problems with the own generated queries but the automated insert and update queries are not up-to-date.So I have to gen...

how to fetch column using column index in sql server.
Hi, I have several columns in my table, but I want to fetch data using column index instead of column name in select  command. is there any way to do this.Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps youJasim AkhtarNew Delhi ( INDIA ) Yes there is.It's called dynamic SQL and it's a complicated process.See http://www.sommarskog.se/dynamic_sql.html Please click "Mark as Answer" if my reply solved your problem.CheersRammohan...

Using parameters in querying an Access DB and using Datasets
Once a user has logged into my application, they are directed to their admin page.  On there, it will display if they have any new messages.  I can assign the login name to the variable "yourname". The messages are stored in the unimaginatively titled 'messages' table.  The msgto and msgfrom fields are linked to the 'logins' table where the names are stored.  So far, I have created a tableadapter and have the query that will list the required fields for all the messages that are unread: SELECT     m...

Is it possible to exclude a column in the dataset written to the XML when using Dataset.WrtieXml()
Hi, I have a dataset with 3 related tables and need to write that to a xml. I do not need the key fields and the foreign fields appearing in the xml. Is there a way to do this. Many thanks, _VJ You can hide it.  Datacolumns have a ColumnMapping property that you can set to "invisible" if you don't want the column to appear in the file: Column.ColumnMapping = MappingType.Hidden"look ma' no hands!"kpeguero Hi, Excellent. It works fine. Thanks a lot. -VJ...

ODP.NET
I installed ODP.NEt 2.0 on top of my Oracle client 10g. I am developing a Data Access component. I am having the below problem.  I created the Data Layer class. The constructor of the data layer class initiates a new Oracle Connection.  then I assign the Oracle Transaction obbject to the open connection. In my web page, I instantiate the DataLayer class and then call BeginTransaction method.  At this point, my connection object is null.  What am I missing?  I am getting Externalcontext connection error and Internalcontext error with the error message "Specified slot...

Using dataAdapter to fill dataset at Page Load but can access this dataset else where
Hi all I am using the dataadapter to fill a dataset during page load but I can't see to access this dataset in a different sub program. It came up with error  (object reference not set to an instance of an object, Use the "new" keyword to create an instance of the object, Check to determine if the object is null before calling the object) in lines marked below.  Please assist.  I am new to web development. Partial Class _2007Election_Candidates     Inherits System.Web.UI.Page    Dim DBDataSet As DataSet    Dim DBAdapter As OleDb...

Accessing DataSet columns
hi,I got 5 columns in a dataset but I only bind 3 of them to a DataGrid.Is it possible to access the data in the other 2 columns from the ItemDataBound event?I know I can just make the columns invisible but make there is another way.Thanks You can access the DataRow as follows:                 DataRow drRow = ((DataRowView)e.Item.DataItem).Row;                 String strValue = drMember["MyColumn"].ToString(); e.Item.DataItem("FieldName"...

Accessing a dataset by column
Can anyone tell me how to access a dataset by column. For example how to loop the dataset by column and get the values of the rows. Thanks You have to loop through your rows and to get the value for a column:  ' ds is dataset. Only one table is expected. For Each row As DataRow in ds.Tables(0).Rows ' convert.tostring will change null values to string.empty Dim myValue As String = Convert.ToString(row("MyColumnName")) '... more code. Next row ---------------------------------------MCP - Web Based Client Development .NET 2.0 But how do...

Accessing the columns in DataSet
Simple question! How do I access the column headers returned by a SQL Query in a dataset. What I want to do is to assign the column headers to an array and then use them later. So basically if the result of the query is: Month Amount Jan $2000 Feb $3000 .. .. .. I store this in a dataset. I want myArray = ['Jan' , 'Feb']. I want this to happen dynamically for every query I do. Thanks.Regards, Dj Dev Dim ds As System.Data.DataSet = ... ds.Tables(0).Columns(0).ColumnName Darren Thanks. Dat worked fine.Regards, Dj Dev I would a...

Use Datasources Dataset
Hi,  I have a mobile app with a SelectionList which has a datasource defined, to allow Stocktake selection. The dataset used as the datasource contains two other fields (Warehouse and Rack), which i'd like to access, after the Stocktake selection has been made. I have vb code in my activate_form which allows me to retrieve these values from a web service, to store the Stocktake selected to a lable, but i want to store the Warehouse and Rack info too. These three fields are part of a compound key( 8 fields), which i aim to build into a table to pass through a webse...

Web resources about - How to fetch the column from the Dataset using Querystring - asp.net.access-datasource

Platform Updates: Operation Developer Love
Since last Wednesday's post , we announced all the events in april we will be attending. Defaulting new apps to sandbox mode Starting today, ...

Oxford Professor of Poetry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(£4,695 as of 2005) plus £40 in travel expenses for each Creweian Oration . The Professor of Poetry delivers three lectures each year. In addition, ...

Z- blog跨站脚本攻击漏洞 - 80sec
Z- blog跨站脚本攻击漏洞

Check Websites For Bad Links And Invalid References In Mac - Integrity
One thing which should be considered to maintain the integrity of a website is that it must not have too many broken links, as they don't only ...

Smart cache-busting for your WordPress stylesheet
Is this a frustration you're familiar with? If you're like me you mess around with your Wordpress CSS stylesheet fairly ...

Getting Schooled: An America Tonight special series - Al Jazeera America
On air and online, America Tonight explores in depth some of the biggest hurdles keeping kids from a good education

AlloyUI
1.7.0 YUI 3.7.3 APIs Classes Modules Everything A.DataType.DateMath A.HTML5 A.io A.Node A.NodeList A.Plugin.IO Anim App App.Base App.Content ...

Serverside stylesheet switcher
Stylesheet switcher using jQuery This page can be used so that the stylesheet switcher degrades gracefully where Javascript is disabled or the ...

DEA Educational Foundation Gift Shop - Apparel, Office Supplies, Desktop, T-Shirts, Polo Shirts, Hats ...
0 Items My Account - Order Status A Problem Occurred: Invalid input or characters from QueryString. Invalid input or characters from Querystring. ...

What is the limit on QueryString / GET / URL parameters? Finding content
What is the limit on QueryString / GET / URL parameters?