How do connect your page to your database connection?

How do connect your page to your database connection?

I have created a page, default.aspx. I have created a database connection to an Access database.
I see the connection in the little database window on the right hand side of WebMatrix--okay, now how to I get my page, default.aspx, to connect to the connection?
Web.config file? If so, how do I config the config file using the WYSIWYG interface of WebMatirx?
Or if there is another way to set this up?
I know how to do this in Dreamweaver MX, but WebMatrix is still baffling to me. How much of it truly is a WYSIWYG and how much you have to hand code.
Tartaruga7
0
tartaruga7

No matter what editor you use, there is still going to be a little (or a lot) of handcoding - it's hard to tell at this point.

Show us the code you've gotten so far
David Wier
MCP/ASPInsider
ASPNet101.com - where to look first!
augustwind

How to create a single Oracle Database connection method or function to be used on or by all classes and pages that want to connect to the database?
 How to create a single Oracle Database connection method or function  to be used on or by all classes and pages that want to connect to the database? How can I create one method or function in csharp to be used on all pages or classes when conenction to the database? Please give an example.I have database connections which I am using on each and very page or classes, but I can I put in one page then I just start  calling it?Database connection I am using:   OracleConnection dbconnection;    this.dbconnection = new System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnec...

not connected when I am connected

Using VS.Net Data Connection Tool to Connect to Access Dbase?
I am trying to use the Visual Studio.Net data connection tool to connect to an Access database on a network server, not on my client machine. I've tried everything I can think of but nothing works. Can anyone provide steps/instructions/example/link about how to do this. My Access dbase, named sample.mdb, is located on a server at http://IP/AccountFolder, so the complete location is http://IP/AccountFolder/sample.mdb It is not password protected, but access to the account folder requires a username and password. The connection tool seems to be oriented to connecting to MSDK on th...

.Net 1.1 Connect to an Access Database
Hi All! This little bit of code has had me stumped all day. I merely wish to connect to an access database but I keep getting the Unspecified Error below. Could someone check over my code code snippet and tell me if there something wrong? Please show me a correction if you have it. Thank You! Ted ================================= Unspecified error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: Syst...

Connect to LAN (Was connect to NET)
Almost time for a new header, the old was getting too long and the focus is now different. So .... Story so far - Mepis 6 - setting LAN IP would upset external site addressing but the ISP hung in there without dropping the line. I have, at last, succeeded in connecting to the web via dial up AND keeping it running while seeing a LAN. I can't point directly to what I did but I did keep notes along the way as to what NOT to touch. Call it pure luck, deft fingerwork, incantations and imprecations. Next problem - 5 PC's. (5 Machine names) A, B, C, D, E. (4 are Win XP...

Wifi connection and database connection
What is the solution to recovering the connection to a remote database (i.e. in a wifi environment due to loss of coverage or in case the machine goes into standby)? Could we check for specific SQLDBCodes? Do we need to destroy the SQLCA or is there a workaround? ...

Problem Regarding MS Access database connection in c#.net
hi friend ..i m new in this field.i m creating some basic database application in asp.net mobile for web application.but i m facing problem to set the database path dynamically .Means i dont want write whole path of my datbase file in data source.Suppose i change my path then i m changing whole path every time this is very hectic problem.So plz anyone suggest me how to set my database file dynamically .I m attached my connection of database code.Thanks And Regards.Pash Inda  protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { //All controls on this page visible to ...

How can I change my connection to a different database...it is not connecting to the database I created.
My data is connected to the ASPNETDB.MDF database. Is this a must that I have it connected to this database or can I have it connected to a database that I created. You can connect to different database such as sql or other access files. All you have to do is to define which connection string to use within your web.config file. If you want to make sure that your database is prepared to be used, use features such as ASPNET_REGSQL.EXE at VS Command Prompt. Hope this helps. Jae.jae.lee@jaeleeandco.com I'm in the Army...here in Georgia. Is it cold there.. Hi Jae,    &nb...

can't connect to sql server database with same connection used in visual studio .net 2003
I have the following code that works fine in visual studio .net 2003 but not with VWD.  I have sql server 2000 developer edition installed locally and this connection works fine with visual studio.  With VWD it fails with the exception "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DARRELL\ASPNET'".  It fails on the conn.Open line.   any ideas on what the issue is?Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim connstr As Stringconnstr = "Data Source=DARRELL;Initial Catalog=Event;Integrated Security=SSPI;"Dim daEvents As New SqlDataAdapter("select * from events", connstr...

During connection lost, how to close database connection
I'm using TidTCPServer OnExecute method. When client connect to server, I create Database connection with Unidac to PostGreSQL (connection ceated and handled inside onExecute). Problem is when the connection to client is lost, the connection to database does'nt disappear. When cheking from PostGRE pgAdmin there is several connections more than what we have clients. I have tried to put dbConnect.close or FreeandNil(dbConnect) or dbConnect.Free in try.. except.. end except block. But it looks like when the connection is lost, the thread stop/collaps and the database connection stay...

Why does connection connect to Master instead of my database?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_006D_01CADAEF.B8BC7D80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable No matter what combination I try, unless we issue an "Execute immediate = 'use PBTestCompat'" after the connection is made, the connection is made = to the Master database instead of to the PBTestCompat database. 1. In this scenario the connection is made to the "Master" database = instead of PBTestCompat. To get around this we issue "Execute immediate = ...

Timeout connecting with .NET connection object
I have a SQL Anywhere 9 database that I can connect to fine via Sybase Central or ISQL. However, when I attempt to connect using the AsaConnection object from the IAnywhere.Data.AsaClient namespace, the open connection call times out. The code works fine on my development box, but I cannot get the connection to work on the production box. Any ideas? Thanks, David ...

database connection failed with connection cache
I have a connection cache on jag 3.6.1 using com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.sybdrives. I am able to ping the connection in jag manager. My problem is in PowerJ 3.6.1. I setup a transaction object using the database wizard(very cool), change it to use a cache and even find the connection cache on the server. when I try to test the connection, I first select a profile jconnect5 and try the connection. I get this error: database connection failed jz006: cought a IoException java.net.connectionException connection refused, no further info. any ideas would be great! You can only...

Web resources about - How do connect your page to your database connection? - asp.net.access-datasource

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

Arrest made in connection with California mosque fire
CNN Arrest made in connection with California mosque fire CNN (CNN) A California man was arrested Saturday in connection with a fire at a ...