hide time in date/time field

hi.

i have code :

objConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=c:\database\tfasim.mdb;")

  if rblLTorGT.SelectedValue = "Id" then

   strSQLQuery = "SELECT Date_T as  [date] ,name FROM table " & _
     ORDER BY " & ddlSortBy.SelectedItem.Value.ToString() & ddlSortOrder.SelectedItem.Value.ToString()

  objCommand = New OleDbCommand(strSQLQuery, objConnection)

  objConnection.Open()

  objDataReader = objCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior.CloseConnection)

  Dim x as string = CType(Context.Items("myParameter"),string)

  EmployeeDataGrid.DataSource = objDataReader
  EmployeeDataGrid.DataBind()
          end if

as result i have datagrid,there  date field appear as 12/01/2007 12:00 AM

How i can hide the time in this field ?

thanks

0
sashamuz

Right click on the GridView and Click on Smart Tag
Go to Edit Columns , This will open up the Fields Dialogue Box
In the Selected fields, Select the Date Field Column, then under the BoundField Properties, Locate the property DataFormatString
Set the Property to "{0,d}"

Secondly Set the HtmlEncode Property to False

This will solve the Issue

If you have Template Field then, right click on the GridView
Go to Edit Template and Go to the Desired Date Field Template ( i.e. Column (0) or whatever index you have for it.)
Select the Field, click on EditDataBindings
Change the Binding Statement to
Eval("CATEGORY_NAME", "{0,d}" )

This will hhide the Time for you,.

Regards -

in HTML, it should

Raheel Hussain
--------------------------------
Blog:
http://www.dnfug.com/web/blogs/raheel/

raheel
1/7/2008 4:20:45 PM

this does not work.

i have a datagrid object in visual studio 2005 (not grid view).

i don't have aforesaid options .

maybe i can add some function in my sql select,as :

select FUNCTION(date) from table ....

and hide the time in datagrid ?

0
sashamuz

just Time or date portion of a date/time field

date/time or date and time
I am setting up an SQL database and I will need to get differences in dates. For example I have a start date, start time, completion date and completion time and I want to get the difference between the start and completion. Would it be better to have one field with both date and time in it, or better to have a date field and a time field? Even though I have already started setting up the tables with seperate fields for date and time I am now leaning toward one field with date/time in it. (Only because that is the way I had to do it when setting up an Excel spreadsheet for a similar ta...

Inserting Date into Access Date/Time Field
Everytime i capture a date from an asp:dropdownlist and try to insert it into an access date/time field i keep getting a Data type mismatch in criteria expression error (0x80040e07). is there a way i need to format the data before inserting? Any help would be ace!1 using System; 2 using System.Data; 3 using System.Data.OleDb; 4 using System.Configuration; 5 using System.Web; 6 using System.Web.Security; 7 using System.Web.UI; 8 using System.Web.UI.WebControls; 9 using System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts; 10 using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; 11 12 ...

Date entered...add time value to make date/time field
Windows XP Professional InfoMaker v 9.0.2 Build 7509 Our database contains a date/time stamp for when a specific activity happens to each shipment. I would like the users to be able to simply enter a date for a specific work day. I need to get a list of shipments where the time of one activity occurred on the entered date prior to 9:20. How can I create a computed field that will basically concatenate/amend the entered date with 9:20 that will later be used for criteria in returning rows? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! Rita Palazzi Senior Engineer /...

just Time or date portion of date/time field: SOMEBODY PLS
Good Day, From a DateTime data column how do I get just a Time portin or just a date portion of data to be displayed. i.e from 11/6/2003 10:03:20 AM I need to display date and time seperately in my data display page. Thanks Regards, When you pull in a SQL datetime column value into your .NET code, it is usually cast to a .NET DateTime type... something like this: System.DateTime TheDateAndTime = (System.DateTime)someDataReader["MySQLDateColumn"] Then you can use a variety of .NET methods included in the DateTime class to convert to a strin...

Update Only the Time in a date time field
Hi,i have a table having a datatime field and on a datagrid I need only to display and update the time part. I'm using select CONVERT(CHAR(8), JobStartTime, 8) AS StartTime from table to get the date. What is  the best way to write the update command . What woul dbe the best approch.   Regards, Vijay  1. Instate of doing formatting in the SQL, Try to do that is the DataGrid with FormatString. 2. To Update the Database , you can do that in two ways.    a. Either go for Store Procudure. Send the TIME you want to set for record. Your SP should some ...

Date / Time Field
PB 7.0.3 I have an application that records patient encounters, treatments and referrals for an Emergency Department within a hospital. Each encounter records time to nurse and time to physician - these fields are of datetime format. This application is for statistical purposes only and therefore is not real time (unit clerks key in the necessary data throughout the day). Here is a senerio... Patient A enters the ED and the date / time of encounter is recorded. The date and time that the triage nurse first assesses the patient is recorded (time to nurse) The date and time that th...

Date Time field return just time
 Hi, I have a data/time field in access which is queried using a datasource linked to a check box list, the field contains only hh:mm but is returning dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm, does anyone know how to just return hh:mm? Thanks  Hi, It will return complete date and timestamp so if you want the same to be displayed in hh:mm format then while qerying you will need to format the feild if you want it in hh:mm.  ThanksAshishhttp://itsmeashish.blogspot.com...

remove time part from a date/time field value
How does one remove or avoid the time part from a date/time field value. For example store 12/12/2006 instead of 12/12/2006 12:00:00 Am --------------------------------------------------No Project Too Eazy.-------------------------------------------------- You can use one of the appropriate Standard DateTime Format Strings such as d or D.Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! You should be able to use DateTime dt = DateTime.Now dt.ToString("d")  //this will format as short date time FYI: If you want to do it at the query ...

java date time and utc date time
hi i have a client written in delphi the backend is written in java (webservice) when fetching a date field from the db, through java to delphi (TXSDateTime class), for some reason the date changes. in the db: 30/07/2009 00:00:00 in delphi: xsdatetime.asdatetime = 29/07/2009 23:00:00 (1 hour before) in delphi xsdatetime.asutcdatetime = 29/07/2009 21:00:00 (3 hours before) i guess it's a matter of timezones but all we want is simply to fetch the same date as it appears in the DB what are we missing? thanks amos szust wrote: > hi > > i have a client written in d...

time-time
Hi There, Delphi 2010 with PostGresSQL 9.3 database. I did try := Time(), the way it worked with Paradox and many more I tried. E2250 no overload version of "TimeToStr" that can be called with this argument. Can somebody guide me here, thanks in advance. {delphi code} dm.tArrivedwaiting.value := timetostr() - dm.tArrivedtime.value ; {code} Fields are StringFields or time with time zone(tried without??) ////// CREATE TABLE "ARRIVED" ( dummy serial NOT NULL, userno smallint, "time" time with time zone, patientno integer, ...

times out all the time!!!
Name: Optical Excellence Email: specsatopticalexcellencedotca Product: Thunderbird Summary: times out all the time!!! Comments: I can not access either the web email site downloaded mail nor the Thunderbird email downloaded email because I get a time out all the time!! Not a way to run an email site, especially as this is for our business! Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6 ...

DATE field to DATE/TIME
Hello, If the field is defined as a DATE and you do: select datefield+1 from mytable Does the ODBC API (actually ASA 9.02 backend) return a field that is DATETIME or a DATE field? It is messing up my compiled application and seems to be coming back as DATETIME. Thank you. -Robert You are correct, the value is being returned as a TIMESTAMP. You can verify this through using the EXPRTYPE() builtin function, as in select exprtype('select datefield+1 from mytable', 1) from dummy which will return TIMESTAMP. Exprtype is documented in the help. You alm...

MOVED: time between to given times (was: time between to given times)
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 15:21:06 -0800, Mike Thomas wrote: Moved to delphi.language.delphi.general https://forums.codegear.com/thread.jspa?threadID=11972 -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com ...

Web resources about - hide time in date/time field - asp.net.access-datasource

Field - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Field (computer science) , a smaller piece of data from a larger collection (e.g., database fields) Text is available under the Creative Commons ...

US skydiver captures moment plane crashed into field
WE’VE all seen disaster movies like Airport and Alive, but this is what it’s truly like to be in a plane crash.

Reuters Poll: Donald Trump Leads GOP Field by 20 Points
GOP frontrunner Donald Trump is leading the rest of the GOP field by roughly 20 points, according to a Reuters poll.

Patricia Field's NYC boutique closing after 50 years
Costume designer and downtown style icon Patricia Field will close her famed boutique in 2016 after 50 years in business. Originally opened in ...

Is Ted Cruz-ing to the top of GOP field?
Texas senator has bumped Ben Carson out of second place in GOP race; says he will inherit Trump's supporters

Two Arrested After Fight Involving Knife At FedEx Field
A Cowboys fan took video of fans fighting on the concourse of the Skins’ stadium in Landover after Dallas beat Washington Monday night. Though ...

Matched Canceled In Chile After Fans Storm Field And Go Apeshit
This has just about everything you get from horrible soccer fandom: A bunch of idiots on the field, indiscriminate wielding of metal poles, flares, ...

Missed Field Goal Followed By Marcus Peters Puking
Marcus Peters is as sickened by the state of placekicking in the NFL as you. CBS cameras caught the Chiefs defensive back vomiting after Oakland ...

IBM's Chairman Appoints Field General To Lead Security Troops In Battle Against Cyber Crime
SAN FRANCISCO, CA - NOVEMBER 02: Ginni Rometty speaks at the Fortune Global Forum at the Fairmont Hotel on November 2, 2015 in San Francisco, ...

Sony Acquires Toshiba's Image Sensor Business, Removing Major Competitor From The Field
Sony Corporation has announced in a press release that it will be acquiring Toshiba Corporation’s certain semiconductor fabrication facilities ...