getting date in between 2 date

how do i get the date in if it is within the 2 date?

er... don't know how to phrase
i think my sql is something like this:
SELECT * From Transaction WHERE Date BETWEEN 01/08/1900 AND 31/08/2000
BTW i declare my Date as date/time(short date)
is it possible with the sql?
it display Syntax error in FROM clause.
0
nikverse

SELECT * From [Transaction] WHERE [Date] BETWEEN #01/08/1900# AND #31/08/2000#

Now, this presumes that the machine in question is expecting dates in dd/mm/yyyy format. Note that Transaction and Date are likely reserved words, and so I have enclosed them in [ and ]. I use # to delimit the dates. Most SQL versions use ' rather than # (and it is possible that you need to use ' in ADO.NET as well even for Access databases - I would try both).
Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:
Programming Microsoft Web Forms
My Blog
0
douglas

Dates, Dates, Dates!
Hello all... I am in the process of building an appointment system, and I am trying to see if I can get some pointers on which way to go on this. The first version of this appointment system was very lo-tech, and it stored all of the possible dates/times in the database. Once a user booked an appointment, their information was logged to that date/time, and then that date/time would no longer show in the list of possible openings. This was great for a temporary fix, but with having to pre-populate all of the dates/times, the system would eventually have to be updated to continue on pa...

Getting dates between 2 dates
Hi all, Would like to make an enquiry, if i have 2 dates, how can can i get all the dates between these 2 dates. Thanks for the help.   You will probably need to loop through the dates;               DateTime startdate;            DateTime enddate;            List<DateTime> allDates = new List<DateTime>();            allDates.Add(startdate);         ...

How can I have 2 dates and select all records that have a date field with a value between those 2 dates?
I have 2 textboxes, 1 for the start date and 1 for the end date and I want the user to be able to enter 2 dates and select records from SQL that fall between those 2 dates. I have the code working in classic asp but am getting an error with .net. This is the code i have: Dim enddate As Date Dim startdate As Date enddate = Request.form("date_from") startdate = Request.form("date_to") strSelect = "SELECT id, title, category, dateadded FROM news WHERE category = 'articles' AND dateadded BETWEEN '" & startdate & "' AND '" &...

From Date and To Date
 In my application i have two textboxes.One for From date and the other one for To date.I need to check whether the From date is lesser than To Date..Date formats will be either(DD-MM-YYYY) or (DD/MM/YYYY).and i have used calendar extender for selecting dateI need the script code to do this...Thanks in advance See this thread: http://forums.asp.net/t/1346328.aspxMohsin Naeem"Please mark as answer if it helped you"  <form id="form1" runat="server"> <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"> </...

from date to date
I am working on a form for livestock. one of the things in the form is a checkbox to let me know if they qualify or not. the second is I have a created record field entered into the database... now my question is I am doing a search on this and cant figure it out since i am new to all this...i have a query that selects the qualification checkbox (where qualify = 'true') then another query that selects the created record date... and the search is that I want to get the information in the livestock that are qualifyed (have the checkbox qualify = to 'true') between  one dat...

Get the dates between two dates
Hi all, I want to get all the date between two dates. For example I have a StartDate="12/5/2003" and a EndDate="12/7/2003" the result should be 12/5/2003 12/6/2003 12/7/2003 Ant help is appreciated Thanks for ( DateTime theDate=StartDate ; theDate<=EndDate ; theDate.AddDays(1) ) { // Do something...theDate.ToShortDate() would give the string... } Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog I get a syntax error as :"For loop variable cannot be of type Date" Hmm. The below work...

[Needs Action] Wrapping up FxOS v1.4 and moving on to 2.0 (dates, dates and more dates)
Here's an idea of the upcoming FirefoxOS timeline for l10n: * We're wrapping up our first round of l10n testing this Friday (April 11). I'll send out a detailed report then. If your locale has been / is being tested, you can start fixing your bugs and then verifying them against 1.4. Bug report for 1.4 can already be followed here: http://mzl.la/1mFnKXx * 2nd round of l10n testing for v1.4 confirmed! Now is your last chance to wrap up any pending localization work on 1.4. Dates of 2nd round of l10n testing on v1.4: May 12-16 We are trying to test as many locales as po...

get only date from a date with a datetime format
i have a problem with dates when it comes to searchingbasically, SQL searches for a date including the seconds,but i only need to date so that in any given time, it will yield a result.here's a part of my code-behind code: reqNo = RequisitionsLogic.GetReqNoByDate(currentDate, requestorCode)and here's the SQL statement created in a TableAdapter:SELECT RequisitionNoFROM RequisitionsWHERE (RequisitionDate = @RequisitionDate) AND (RequestorCode = @RequestorCode) take a look with this, don't just accept influenceshttp://thedailyarr.tkhttp://www.ftpx.com/index...

getting dates beyond the date range
I am having problems with my codes. I do not know how to do it. What I wanted to do is some what like this:Say I have a vacation table for a person. this vacation has a limit of only 5 days, let's say. What if that person's vacation already exceeded to 5 days. 6 days probably. How would I put this in codes?  example:table:Vacation1/14/084/25/085/1/085/5/086/4/088/19/08The person has only 5 allowable vacations. But table:Vacation exceeded one day. How can I show, in a gridview, the exceeded date, 8/19/08? I am using Visual Web Developer ASP.NET C# language with SQL Server 2005 fo...

get a date from two date field
how to use a stored procedure to get a date which is start_date + due_date. stare_date and due_date are data field. dats type are smalldatetime. database is SQL 2000.   Give an example of what you want..... Do you want something like 12/12/2005 12/25/2005 ? Eric RamseurRainbow Portal 2.0 AdminDownload Rainbow 2.0!!Rainbow Code Rainbow Portal CommunityC# 2005 Group I need a date, 60 days before start date +  due days. For example, start is 12/03/2005(smalldatetime) Due days is 20(int).   start date + due day - 60 is 10/23/2005. that's what I...

make 2 dates a date range
What I am trying to do is take 2 seperate dates that I pull from my database and make them appear as a date range.  So if I have a date of 2008/05/28 and 2008/05/31, I can format as a date range as 28-31 May 2008.  I am pulling these dates to a datagrid, but the users woudl like to see them as date ranges, I will post my sql and then you can see how I am getting my dates.  Thanks sql = "select sidstrNAME_IND, p.strSSN, s.sidstrPAY_GR + '-' + cast(datediff(year, siddatPEBD, getdate()) as varchar(20)) as PGYrs, " _ & "min(p.dtattendance) as BDate, ma...

Date Sent and Date Received #2
I sent this message to the list in June last year, but did not get any replies. Anybody around now who can help? I'm using TB 2.0.0.23 under Windows Vista. In the list of columns that can be displayed, Date appears and that is the date the email was sent. But there does not appear to be any Date Received. I know that one can get that for a specific message by View > Headers > All, but that's a bit tedious. I can see also that an approximation can be deduced from the Order Received column in the display (also a bit tedious). Why can't we just have ...

getting the current date ONLY from the current date
Hello all.  I've searched for the better part of a couple of hours to try and capture just the current date WITHOUT  the time to make a comparison with.  right now I have a variable as a date equal to now(), i've tried to cast it for just the date in a variety of ways, but it always grabs the current time too, so in my sql statement it will never have a match.  I've tried tostring(), i've tried date() i've tried now(date), i've tried many things that I know makes absolutely no sense just to get the date without the time.  I know it's not t...

checking Whether The Date is Between The 2 Dates Or Not
Hello To all,     I Have 3 Date Field     1.Start Date    2.End Date    3.Check Date     What i Want To Do is That Whether The  CheckDate is Between The Start Date And End Date in Javascript Any Help Will Be Apprciated I Have a Found a Link in Google  While Searching But It Isnt Work So Please Show Me The Solution For That Thank U please try this.  <script language="javascript">        function ValidateDate()     &...