Create access table using sql table field

 hi friends , i need create mdb file with table and data , the data will come from sql server 2005 table , for example i have table employee table contain some fields like name mobile number and others ,, now i  need to create access mdb file with table and data , data is mobile numbers of employee(just only one field) ,  i m using ASP.net C# 2.0, plz help me yar

THANKS FOR ADVANCE

0
raghavendrank

 Hello Raghavendra,

                             Just call the class where in u call the storeprocedure which retrieves the required information, and then store the retrieved values in the dataset. Now in the aspx.cs page get that dataset and display it in a Gridview.

If u want to know in more detail!! do reply with more info on that!! and the exact query.

Plz Mark as Answer if it Helped You

Uthappa T.P
C# .Net
Visual Studio 2008
0
vinayuthappa
1/29/2009 6:37:01 AM

You can use ADOX to create the mdb file, and then use DDL to create the tables.  Once you have done that, get the data from SQL Server into a DataSet as suggested previously and insert it into your newly created mdb database.

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting
1/29/2009 8:25:40 AM

first of all thanks for reply  Big Smile

whats my problem is i have to send sms through my asp.net application . my project is job portal , when any employee insert any job i have to search for jobseakers related to skill set and i have to send sms to thouse jobseakers mobile numbers for that  i need to buy 3rd parti tool , SMSINTEGRA  TO this software these are the input formats to give mobile numbers MDB,CSV OR MANUAL INPUT..  so temprarly i have to create one mdb file with table which is contain mobilenumbers[only], after complishion, tat mdb file will be automatically delete.

SO HERE I HAVE

1-TO GET MOBILE NUMBER FROM SQL SERVER [NO PROBLME]

2- STORED IN TO DATA SET [NO PROBLME]

3- CREATING MDB [OK]

4- CREATING A TABLE IN THAT MDB AND INSERT RECORDS [BIG PROBLME]

0
raghavendrank
1/29/2009 12:59:07 PM

Personally, I would create a csv file from the DataSet:

http://imduff.wordpress.com/2008/02/22/a-simple-csv-generator-from-dataset-in-c/

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting

perl-dbi #temp table created using handle not accessible when accessed via ->do() with the same handle
--_000_299D5BAC15359040BA3E826C52DFE2F00873960DE6HYDMBX4winmai_ Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi DBI-users, I am facing this problem perl DBD::ODBC rollback ineffective with AutoCommi= t enabled at<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6938036/perl-dbdodbc-rollba= ck-ineffective-with-autocommit-enabled-at> and while looking at the problem= , I found that a very basic thing is failing with Perl::DBI using DBD::ODB= C on sql server. But i am not sure if this wont happen with any other drive= r. The problem is ...

accessing linked Access table from .net
We have an access database with a linked table to MYOB through ODBC. The MYOB table appears in access with a green dot indicating it's a linked table. In Access it all works fine. When we try to get at it through .net, it brings up DB_SEC_E_AUTH_FAILED(0x80040E4D) which as far as I can see indicates authentication failed. Any idea what is required to be able to use it from.Net? You might try this stepp0, put in admin for the username and leave the password blank (unless you specified other) Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Components\Databases\Db.m...

Linking SQL Server Tables to Access Tables
Hi,  I would like to link a table in SQL Server to a table in access, because I would like to compare data. But would like to do it through a Stored Procedure.   I would like to do something in this line : If Field1 in SQL Table = Field1 in Access Table then Field2 in SQL Table must = Field2 in Access Table Hope this makes sense. But I have NO idea how to do this ? Can anyone assist ? Thank you ok Ive done this :  Dim connString_MI As String = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("RMCS.ConnectionString") Dim myConnection_MI As New System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConn...

creating tables in access using c#
 i have to create tables using user input as the name of the tablei used the codeOleDbCommand command = new OleDbCommand("CREATE TABLE "+textBox1.Text+" ([Id] TEXT(10), [Column1] TEXT(10), [Column2] TEXT(6))", dbConnection); what do i do if i need to append a string to the name of the table?like _record   got it...

Using access tables in sql server
I have an Access database with some tables in it , I should make a very sophisticated report using 6 tables !if it was Sql server I could manage  that with a fairly long stored procedure but in access in is almost impossible ! so if I could Access to the Access table and use them like native sql  tables half of my problem was solved .   And of course copying  access tables to sql is out of the table ! Thank you in advance!  Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post(s) that helped you. I think you just need to create a link server in Sql ...

GridView data table and MS Access table. Some time I like MS Access...
Hi: I want all the rows and coloums data showing in the GridView can be editable, just like the MS Access table on the form, you can modify and update any cell and it will be saved if your mouse leave that cell (or you click "Save" button). The reason I ask is: everyday I have about hundrands of data need to be set the date(Today's date), to be set the status (on/off), and input Receipt Num, if I using Gridview's "Edit" "Update" feature, I find there are still two many clicks, and also the selected rows changing the size and p...

Migrating Data from one Access Database table to a different Access Datbase / Table
A little background Company has a database that must have new records added to it weekly.  The new data is provided via an access database.  The old data is in a another access database.  What I want to do is have them upload the new access database to the ASP (not .net) server and then copy the new records over to the old data to bring it up to date.  At this point they can upload the new database. But I am having a hard time getting that info into the old database.   This is what I have so far,  but I get the following error Microsoft JET Database Engine...

ADO - create table and fields in code
I am able to create a table using the following code but I need to create a memo field in Microsoft Access. Anyone know how to create a memo field is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Andy var Cat,Table,Col,Key: Variant; Cat := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Catalog'); Cat.ActiveConnection := ADODatabase1.DatabaseConnect; Table := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Table'); Table.Name := 'TEMPTABLE'; //integer - primary - autoincrement sKey := 'TEMPPROFILEID'; Col := CreateOLEObject('ADO...

ADO
I am able to create a table using the following code but I need to create a memo field in Microsoft Access. Anyone know how to create a memo field is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Andy var Cat,Table,Col,Key: Variant; Cat := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Catalog'); Cat.ActiveConnection := ADODatabase1.DatabaseConnect; Table := CreateOLEObject('ADOX.Table'); Table.Name := 'TEMPTABLE'; //integer - primary - autoincrement sKey := 'TEMPPROFILEID'; Col := CreateOLEObject('ADO...

.net driving me mad to create/access tables
 i have been looking at SOO many videos and tutorials,, and starter kit to try find out how to do something so simple. I have created a table _user_privmsgs with a to_userid (uniqueindenity) which is FK of the UserID  in aspnet_users table.now with this relation it should be simple to get the private messages of a user with something like SELECT * _user_privmsgs WHERE to_userid = $useridbut this $userid seems impossible to get , and i have looked everywhere for a way to implement something so simple.  Can someone help me either find a tutorial on how to achieve this, or help m...

How do you create a Hyperlink field in an MS Access table?
I'm using Perl DBI to create a table in an MS Access database. No problem with that. However, I can't figure out how to create a field in that table whose data type is "Hyperlink". In the course of investigating the problem, I manually created a table in which one of the fields was set to the Hyperlink data type, then used DBI type_info() to see what data type DBI interpreted that field as having. It came back showing the field to be a LONGCHAR field. So, going back to my problem, I assume that in creating a new MS Access table, if I want to create a fiel...

Table to Table access in C#
Hi, Insert Table to Table access in C# ? by Chel I have no idea what you are asking.  Exactly what are you trying to do?  What database?Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:Programming Microsoft Web Forms My Blog How I can make a INSERT to pass the value that this in one prices for another one? Use ACCESS as DB. Not using the SQL SERVER! Table tbTemp and tbProduto string TextoInsertNome = ("Insert INTO tbTemp ( ProdutoID) Values ( tbproduto.idproduto )"); Michel...

Linking Access Db tables to a different Access Db using the Internet.
I am looking for the simplest way in ms Access to link up to tables in a different Access database (using ASP or not). It works in a LAN, now I want to use the internet instead. If possible without inviting a heavy load of redundant features. Anybody willing to advice?Robert...

How to call or retrieve fields from sql and display in table without using ADO.net, I'm using a dynamic link library....Is the coding different?
Help me! I'm doing my school project on Software Change Management Tool, CR Tracker. I want to display table in the webform, and the table data is retrieve form the sql server. So how do I call the sql so as to display the data in a table? hy..What does that dll contain ?Does it already contains relevant code to connect to a database ? Have a look hereThanksDinuj Nath The easy way to do this is with the use of a data bound grid. The Grid can be customised to look and feel you like. You will need to add a data adapter to your page and a grid. When you setup the data adapter you will nee...

Web resources about - Create access table using sql table field - asp.net.access-datasource

Wikipedia:Why create an account? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is Wikipedia . You do not have to log in to learn. Almost anyone can edit almost any article at any given time too, but be aware that the ...

Facebook Teams Up With Google, Microsoft, Others To Create WebPlatform.org, A Developer Support Hub
Facebook may have a tricky relationship with HTML5 , but it still wants developers all over the Web to learn how to use it efficiently. The social ...

Create your own Star Wars Ditty with this easy-to-use app
... with a bit more jazz. Even photos dont always do justice to what you want to convey, so you really need to be able to quickly and easily create ...

Petsmart Creates Adorable Holiday To Promote In-Store Pickup
Retailers love the idea of customers picking their online orders up in a local store, but shoppers are starting to find it inconvenient . One ...

Morning Digest: Republican retirement creates competitive House race in upstate New York
Leading Off : ● NY-22 : Republican Rep. Richard Hanna, a relative moderate who had always seemed out of place in today's hard-right GOP world, ...

Co.Create's Best of 2015
... for about six months until it got BB-8'd right out of their claws. Now that we can assess the damage wrought by 2015, the editors of Co.Create ...

Embattled Oil Creates Slippery Slope For Alaskan Trusts
Alaska's revenues from oil production have dropped dramatically and the state is now faced with a multi-billion dollar budget deficit. In response, ...

UK bill creates key for bad guys, says Apple
Bill gives police and security services access to the records of every UK citizen’s internet use

Finally: Create Your Own Star Wars Style Opening Crawl
There's an online app over at StarWars.com that allows you to create your own opening crawl , just like in the movies! This is the one I made ...

Scientists Create Injectable Foam To Repair Degenerating Bones
Researchers in France have developed a self-setting foam that can repair defects in bones and assist growth. Eventually, this advanced biomaterial ...