Connection to SQL 2000 database with .Net 1 Application

Hi there,

Has anyone ever encountered problems making .Net applications connect to a SQL database on SQL 2000 with SP3a?

It's running on a virtual machine with a Windows Server 2000 Std with SP4, the .Net application is working with .Net Framework 1.1.4322.573. For some reason it can't connect to the SQL database using the specified username and password in the web.config file even though the user exists in the SQL database. I've tried using the SA password but this still doesn't work. I can logon to SQL Query Analyzer using the SA password but not using the other username.

The .Net application does work on other systems of mine all of which can run on Windows Server 2000 and 2003, I have compared them but can't find any differences.

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks,

Chris

0
chris

 I'm guessing that your SQL2000 instance is set up for Windows only logins.
In enterprise Manager right click on the server and select "properties".
In the security tab ensure that the Authentication mode is "SQL Server and Windows".

Regards,
foreachbiscuit
blog @ http://foreachbiscuit.wordpress.com
0
foreachbiscuit

.Net 1.1 Connect to an Access Database
Hi All! This little bit of code has had me stumped all day. I merely wish to connect to an access database but I keep getting the Unspecified Error below. Could someone check over my code code snippet and tell me if there something wrong? Please show me a correction if you have it. Thank You! Ted ================================= Unspecified error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: Syst...

cannot access sql databases through iis using .net 1.1
Created a project using web matrix, when I run the application using web matrix server it works fine and my sql database get accessed and web pages are update with info from the sql database. Then I try running application using iis and the first web page displays correctly but when it tries to access the database to refresh the page with data from sql database it fails. Iget Login failed for user 'AMD2200\ASPNET'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and wh...

access database and .NET 1.1
Does the ODBC and OLEDB name space in .NET require full trust permission on a server? just Read a write for ASP_NETUserJames Hearst.NET Application Developer That would be the public on the webserver? no uts a user acct/group in iisJames Hearst.NET Application Developer Thank you thats helpfull...

.net 1.1 to Sql Server 2000
How can i connect ASP.NET 1.1 to SQL Server 2000? Please help me.******** To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first **************** Using the SQLConnection...This is available in ToolBox DataTab..   Hi adonweb , Ado.net is supported in .net1.1(both sqlconnections, sqlcommand, sqldatareader etc are supported) , so I think you can connected to sql 2000 using .net1.1 the same way as .net2.0. Example from msdn:private static void ReadOrderData(string connectionString) { string queryString = "SELECT OrderID, CustomerID FROM dbo.Orders;"; u...

Courses to take (.NET) to create web applications with SQL 2000 access?
Dear friends, abbreviated question: What do I need to learn, to develop web applications accessing + presenting data from SQL2000? situation: my colleague and I have been asked by our organization to develop web interfaces to enable all users in our division (only about 20) to access our databases. These are run by our IT division on MS SQL 2000. Since we have not done this before and have only basic developing skills, which courses would you recommend us to take? I've heard we need to learn ADO and from what I've seen the ADO part course takes around 5 days and costs around 2...

Porting VB.Net application to .Net Framework 1.1
Hello,   I have a ASP.Net web application,written in VB.Net,developed on .Net Framework 1.0 ,which,I am trying to port on to .Net framework 1.1.   For achieving this,I follow the following steps-   1.Open the project using the .vbproj file. 2.I am prompted with the conversion message "Do you want to convert the solution and all projects to .Net framework  1.1....." 3.I click "Yes" 4.I assume that the project is now converted. 5.I build the project & try to run it. 6.I get the following error -     Server Error in '/Consert.Net' Appli...

What are the advantages of migrating applications written in .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0?
Hello,Can someone tell me the advantages of migrating my current aplication which has been developed in ASP.NET 1.1 to ASP.NET 2.0? I have read and implemented some of the technical advantages that come with ASP.NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0. But how do I convince our customer that we should upgrade the existing application in production for a couple of years now to .NET 2.0... like the performance benefits we gain by doing that? Read that .NET 2.0 is a lot (around 40%) faster than .NET 1.1 and has all those performance enhancing features like the precompilation, enhanced data caching... in addition ...

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

My CR Report cann't connect to remote Sql 2000 server in my Ap.net application ?
hello all:              I'v developed  an asp.net application to Purchase Material in my Lan,I used vs.net 2003 and a remote sql 2000 server(a server named "hhmv-web"),now I can create new data ,update and enquire data in my system. but when I print the order,there always has error like this:      CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LogOnException: logon Failed。 行 49: .ExportFormatType = CrystalDecisions.[Shared].ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat 行 50: End With 行 5...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
Help! Oh man, Im confused now... I didn't realize that the .net framework 2.0 wouldn't work through VS 2003... when I installed it, it killed my ability to debug on my local server.  Went to IIS, changed my folder properties to .net 2.0, still didnt' work... (which is when I looked here for info and realized that I can't use the 2.0 framework until I get a copy of VS 2005) So... I uninstalled .net framework 2.0 and went back to IIS and changed the ASPNET folder properties back to framework 1.1 and STILL I can't debug... I tried the "start without debugging" option and my webserver say...

Web resources about - Connection to SQL 2000 database with .Net 1 Application - asp.net.access-datasource

Application developers struggle to adapt to changing licensing models
Application producers are aware of rapid change impacting their ability to make money from their software products, but they're not adopting ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

LED market saturation to drive industry to seek profits in new applications in 2016, says LEDinside
According to LEDinside, LED makers had an especially tough year in 2015. "Despite rising LED lighting market demand and the large scale replacement ...