Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>

I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.

I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server directly (this works) but with the size of the project that would take months.

ODBC--connection to 'odbc' failed.

Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: ODBC--connection to 'NYX' failed.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'NYX' failed.]
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextForSingleResult(tagDBPARAMS dbParams, Object& executeResult) +267
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText(Object& executeResult) +192
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, Object& executeResult) +48
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +106
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +111
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +4
   System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +141
   System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +137
   System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable) +83
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +1770
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.AccessDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +74
   System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +17
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +149
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +70
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind() +4
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +82
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.CreateChildControls() +69
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1360

PLEASE HELP ...........

Computer dont think
People do...........
0
Afritch

I am also getting the same error.  When I test the site using VS2005 it works, when I publish the web site it does not work.  It has to do with some sort of security permissions.
0
goodness0001

Give access to non virtual folder through configuration entry? ERROR: <location> path attribute must be a relative virtual path. It cannot contain any of '?' ':' '\' '*' '"' '<' '>' or '|'.
I have a webpage running under a virtual directory that is mapped to d:/webapplication that produces an excel spreadsheet, the page calls a library object that generates a report and places it in a folder d:/attachments. This folder is not in the virtual directory. When I access the webpage i click a button and it attemps to return the created spreadsheet as a mim content type application/vnd.ms-excel. However i getting redirected back to the login page of the application. Ive also noticed that the excel spreadsheet has not even been created at this location. So assuming this...

ASA 6.0 ISQL->ODBC->Srvr works, Central or MS Access -> ODBC -> Svr Doesn't
I have an ODBC data source which works fine with ISQL. It fails with a communication error when I use it with either MS Access or SQL Central. Any ideas about what might be the problem would be appreciated. With logging turned on here's what I get when using ISQL: Trying to start TCPIP link ... Loading wsock32.dll Loading ws2_32.dll Could not load ws2_32.dll Using Winsock 1.1. My IP address is 90.0.0.2 My IP address is 127.0.0.1 TCPIP link started successfully Trying 90.0.0.4:2638 Found database server sbxserver on TCPIP link And here is what I get when using MS A...

Can't connect to Access Data Base with ODBC connection
I am using Visual Web Developer and trying to connect to an Access data base in the code behind page  Default.aspx.vb.    I can't connect to my data base with the following code: Dim connectionstring As String connectionstring = _ "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\asp\test02\App_Data\company.mdb;User Id=admin;Password=;" Dim myConn As OdbcConnection = New OdbcConnection(connectionstring) myConn.Open()   I alwasy get :   "Data Source not found and no default driver found:.   Does anyone know what I am doing wrong ?? Check ou...

connectionstrings and web.config // login failed for user '<<domain>>\<<servername>>$'
It seems that the account mentioned <>\Server$ is the NTAUTHORITY\NETWORKSERVICE I read some posts on the net about .NET 1.1 that involved changing your machine.config.. not an option I like because then the webserver of my hosting company needs to do that to. Visual studio 2005 makes for the dataset a code behind file <>.designer.cs. I did change the connectionstring from my commands to a connectionstring with sql credentials. But it doesn't update everything. My logic was that when i remove the connectionstrings from the app.config or web.config they don't exist anymore so I ...

ODBC VB.Net Login failed for user '(null)' not associated with a trusted AQL Server connection
Yesterday I posted this in the Data Tools forum with no replies. Today I'll try posting in here. I've been trying for several days now to get a connection into our SQL database. I can access it using Web Matrix, and local host, but when I try to access it using the Internet Explorer, I get the following messages:ERROR [28000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.ERROR [01S00] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Invalid connection string attribute ERROR [28000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Dri...

ODBC--connection to 'myDSN' failed.
Hi all .. I have a MS access file, with linked tables via DSN to sybase. While creating the linked tables, i have MS access saved the password. So everytime i am able to open the link tables and view the data from sybase withour problem. However, when i created an ASP application and open the link table in the access file, i get the error: Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005' ODBC--connection to 'myDSN' failed. Anyone can advice how to get around this? Thanks... Jewie Hi You need to look at the ODBC trace to see what exactly is goi...

ERROR [HYT00] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'work' (10050)
Hi  I am facing problems with connecting to MySQL, I am using the same settings as before and earlier I was able to connect. I formatted the machine and now am getting problems.The following is my connection string:<add key="ConnectionString" value="Driver={mySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=servername;Database=dbname;Uid=uid;Pwd=pwd;Option=3;" />and I receive the following error:ERROR [HYT00] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'work' (10050) Please help me on this front. ThanksSandyLooking to check the time, goto http://whatisthe...

'Memory Access Violation' and 'Ambiguous OdbcException' When using DSN-Based ODBC
Firstly I'm getting this error: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. When Executing this code: public override string GetProductListValue(string table, string fo...

For some reason though it appears that one of my class files (_common.cs - in the App_Code directory) is being included in the WAP .dll file as well as when it compiles the App_Code at runtime.error CS0433: The type 'inlinehockey._common' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\25321638\9b5c4b00\assembly\dl3\3657f4e6\cd91aef5_4d5cc601\inlinehockey.DLL' and 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\25321638\9b5c4b00\App_Code.xad_ajc1.dll'  The error was not knowing what dll to use for the type w...

web Access doesn't work from some connections
I have some users (not all) with DSL accounts or dial up accounts who can't access Groupwise thru Web Access. One user with SBC Yahoo can't access it, another can. Another non-SBC DSL user can't access it either. One user who had a laptop could access it thru the dial up not thru the DSL account on the same computer, so it wouldn't seem to be a setting on the browser. We have fiddled with every conceivable setting on the browser. I have a dial up connection at home and I can't connect from home, but I can thru a t1 line at another office or from a differ...

exe. can't connect to ODBC(Access)
Why is my exe. failing to connect to my Access Database? It will connect from the PowerBuilder Development environment, but when I try runing the compiled version, it gives the following error: 'DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation'. Below is the detailed error. "Database Connection Failure Transaction Error Code : -1 Database Error Code : 999 DBMS : ODBC Database : User ID : Login ID : unknown ServerName : @ AutoCommit : True Database Error Message : DBMS...

DetailsView Converts '<' & '>' to '&lt;' & '&gt;'

Web resources about - Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed> - asp.net.access-datasource