Connect Oracle database using TNS

Dear all

 I connect Oracle database in following method .(DSN method ).

conn.ConnectionString = "Data Source =slt;User id =Giri; password =soft123;"

I want to know how to connect Oralce database using TNS .

 Regards

Giridaran

0
giridaran

It'll be the sams as DNS except that you'll have your connection details in TNS as something similar to below:

SLT=
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = <hostip>)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SID = SLT)
      (SERVER = DEDICATED)
    )
  )

Connection string is the same as "Data Source =slt;User id =Giri; password =soft123;"

0
rkay
3/3/2007 10:15:15 AM

Hi  Rkay

Thank You  very much .

It is a Great  help  for  me .

Regards

Giridaran

0
giridaran

How to create a single Oracle Database connection method or function to be used on or by all classes and pages that want to connect to the database?
 How to create a single Oracle Database connection method or function  to be used on or by all classes and pages that want to connect to the database? How can I create one method or function in csharp to be used on all pages or classes when conenction to the database? Please give an example.I have database connections which I am using on each and very page or classes, but I can I put in one page then I just start  calling it?Database connection I am using:   OracleConnection dbconnection;    this.dbconnection = new System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnec...

how to connect Oracle Database in Smart Device Application using .Net Compact Framework
Edited by moderator XIII: Please read this article: How to post on forums Dear all, I am using Smart Device Application using .Net Compact Framework & want to access Oracle database (such as inserting,updating,retrieving data from oracle database). Can anyone provide me any code (in C#) for data access or any link related to this topic? Regsrds Anirban You did not mention where your oracle database resides. One way is to write a web service where you can write all your code related to database access and manipulation. You can call this web service from your sm...

Oracle database connection using Visual Studio 2005 and .Net 2.0 framework
My connection string is in my web config file, generated when I added a sql data source.  I can go under tools and connect to database and compare the connection string there to the one in web config and they are the same but when I try to view my page which contains a gridview I get a database connection error saying  "Keyword not supported: 'unicode'."  When I remove the unicode=true parameter from the connection string then I get an error message about trying to connect to sql server.  Could someone please give me a clue on how to go about solvin...

Why does it not work when I use connection cache to access Oracle database with PowerJ and EA server 3.6?
Why does it not work when I use connection cache to access Oracle database with PowerJ and EA server 3.6? When I use a transaction and a query in a servlet,in the design time I can see the result accessed from database,but when the servlet works in a Jaguar CTS 3.6,its return a null resultset.The following is the codes: ////////////////////// if (!transaction_1.connect()) { out.println("conect failed!"); } query_1.setParameter(1, _yhbm.trim()); query_1.open(); que...

Unable to connect the oracle database using connection cache
Hi I created a connection cache for oracle database with the following parameters in jag manager In Database connection properties tab: ------------------------------------------- Server Name = jdbc:odbc:xyz ( where xyz is the dsn name created in windows ODBC setup) User Name = bgb password = bgb In Driver properties tab: --------------------------- DLL or class name = sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver JDBC option is checked In Cache properties tab: --------------------------- Enable cache-by-name access is checked I am able to ping the connection cache successfully in con...

Using VS.Net Data Connection Tool to Connect to Access Dbase?
I am trying to use the Visual Studio.Net data connection tool to connect to an Access database on a network server, not on my client machine. I've tried everything I can think of but nothing works. Can anyone provide steps/instructions/example/link about how to do this. My Access dbase, named sample.mdb, is located on a server at http://IP/AccountFolder, so the complete location is http://IP/AccountFolder/sample.mdb It is not password protected, but access to the account folder requires a username and password. The connection tool seems to be oriented to connecting to MSDK on th...

can't connect to sql server database with same connection used in visual studio .net 2003
I have the following code that works fine in visual studio .net 2003 but not with VWD.  I have sql server 2000 developer edition installed locally and this connection works fine with visual studio.  With VWD it fails with the exception "System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'DARRELL\ASPNET'".  It fails on the conn.Open line.   any ideas on what the issue is?Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim connstr As Stringconnstr = "Data Source=DARRELL;Initial Catalog=Event;Integrated Security=SSPI;"Dim daEvents As New SqlDataAdapter("select * from events", connstr...

Can't connect to Oracle database using Oracle 10g Client in Windows 2003 Enterprise
Hi, Our test environment is Windows 2003 enterprise with IIS and Oracle 10g client installed. I wrote a simple asp.net program to connect to a Oracle database and display the select result in a datagrid. But can't connect to Oracle. It seems .NET can't find the oracle client. Any idea is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Joey...

Using Jaguar to Connect to an Access Database
We currently have a central Sybase database where we stored customer information. One of the user groups wants to extact some of the data on a regular basis to update an access database they maintain on their server. Rather than do an extract and import is their away to connect directly from EAServer to an Access database. We tried creating a ODBC connection cache and we were able to ping it. However, when we tried using it in a Java Method we could not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Were you using a JDBC-ODBC bridge? I don't see how a Java component could talk...

Oracle Database - .NET
first of all hello and nice to see you all. this is my first post on this forum and it seems pretty useful..okay just got a small question... i have started to implement Compiere (http://www.compiere.org) in a factory 1. Installed Linux 2. Installed Oracle XE 10g what i want to do is to connect on the oracle database from VS .NET 2005 i checked ConnectionStrings.com nothing worked .. anyone got a solution for this?Did any one every connect from ASP .NET or a Windows Application on oracle running on a linux (CENTOS server)?  thankskimoo   Hi,    ...

VB.NET to oracle database connection
Hello,  I've been trying for days to try to connect to oracle database but still no success, I've put the connection in the web.config in the <ConnectionString> place, created the connection on the page itself: Private sqlCon As New OleDbConnection("Provider=msdaora;Data Source=Server1/orcl2;User Id=Train;Password=Train;") but still no success, Now I'm trying to make a local connection throught Tools > Connect to database but still no success. All I get is this: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name at Could ...

accessing my database using VB.NET
hi all! i'm thinking of besides using ASP.NET to access my data in my web hoster's server. I want 2 access it using VB.NET program. I want 2 do this because it safe time for employees to download the web page. I will use ASP.NET for customers to access, but VB.NET program for my staff to access. But how do i it (Accessing the database using VB.NET program)? Thanks!All The Best :) There is a solution in the VS.Net walkthroughs which uses XML web services to distribute data to both a web application and a winform application. Here is a link: Walkthrough: Creating a Distribu...

Access databases using ADO.Net
Hi I am using Visual Studio.Net 2003 and SQL 2000 Web applications run using the ASPNET user account. I have to set up this account and grant it permissions before my Web application will have access to a SQL database. How do I grant permissions ?. There are two permissions in SQL Server the Database permissions  in the database and the Server permissions under security in Enterprise manager.  If you need more help post again.  Hope this helps.Kind regards,Gift Peddie...

Cannot connect to oracle database when using WAP
Does anyone know of any problems connecting to (oracle) databases when using WAP ??? I have a problem when trying to access my oracle database when using WAP, im not sure if the problem is related to oracle but it is definitely related to WAP and definitely not related to the ASP.NET Development Server. The code below works in a standard web project, its a very simple project with a 'Default.aspx' page that loads and connects to a database using OLE and / or an OracleClient, it works fine as you would expect. Exactly the same code but in a WAP project throws an error when trying to open t...

Web resources about - Connect Oracle database using TNS - asp.net.access-datasource

ERISA and All Claim databases
... laws, on the books in 18 states, requiring self-insured employers to report data about the prices they pay to “all payer claims databases.” ...

Under pressure, DNC restores Bernie Sanders campaign's access to their database - Videos - CBS News
A strange twist in the race for the democratic presidential nomination: the campaign of Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders has filed a complaint ...

Old database dump from Nexus Mods circulating in criminal circles: Change password
Nexus Mods, a gaming site which has mods for 216 games , warned users about a “ potential database breach ” after a Reddit user was alerted by ...

Change your passwords: NexusMods suffers database breach
... security breach by posts on reddit. Cybersecurity firm REN-ISAC had apparently contacted several university IT departments about a database ...

EFF confirms that the DEA has deleted its phone call database
Earlier this year, it was revealed that the NSA's massive surveillance program had a precursor: the Drug Enforcement Administration's USTO, which ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

OracleVoice: Oracle Challenges SAP On In-Memory Database Claims
Companies that run SAP’s applications should know that most of those applications can perform much better on Oracle Database than on any other ...