Compiler Error Message: BC30203: Identifier expected.

Hi all,

Getting this error on line 12 of my source code, it's only a simple example and I think the code is right, but I can't figure out whats causing it.
Compiler Error Message: BC30203: Identifier expected.

Line 10: Dim objRdr As OleDbDataReader
Line 11:
Line 12: objConn = New OleDbConnection( _"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDb.4.0;" & _"Data Source=C:\finalyearproject2\" & _"projectallocation.mdb")
Line 13: objCmd = New OleDbCommand("SELECT * FROM project_descriptions", objConn)
Line 14: objConn.Open()

Here's the source:

<%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.Oledb" %>
<head>
<title>Connecting to a database</title>
<script runat="server" language="VB">
Sub Page_Load()
Dim objConn As OleDbConnection
Dim objCmd As OleDbCommand
Dim objRdr As OleDbDataReader
objConn = New OleDbConnection( _"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDb.4.0;" & _"Data Source=C:\finalyearproject2\" & _"projectallocation.mdb")
objCmd = New OleDbCommand("SELECT * FROM project_descriptions", objConn)
objConn.Open()
objRdr = objCmd.ExecuteReader()
While objRdr.Read()
Response.write(objRdr.Item("project_code") & "<br />")
End While
objRdr.Close()
objConn.Close()
End Sub
</script>
</head>
0
terriblecoder

Try:

objConn = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDb.4.0;Data Source=C:\finalyearproject2\projectallocation.mdb")

Not sure why you were using all those underscores.
Starting with ASP.NET 2.0? Look at:
Programming Microsoft Web Forms
My Blog
0
douglas

Compiler Error Message: BC30203: Identifier expected. #2
I'm trying to create a web form that will create a new Author record in an MS Access database. I keep getting this error, and obviously I don't know what I'm doing, so any help is appreciated. Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: BC30203: Identifier expected. ...

Compiler Error Message: CS1003: Syntax error, ':' expected
hent..." : "slett..."%>Hi, i have error in the belowed statement. It says " CS1003: Syntax error, ':' expected" If any body help me, It would be grateful.. Thanks in advance.   Compiler Error Message: CS1003: Syntax error, ':' expectedSource Error: Line 28: <td style="border:1;"><%# Eval("Person")%></td> Line 29: <td style="border:1;"><%# Eval("ass")%></td> Line 30: ...

Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code1.
 Hi all, I just installed the software which was fine and no errors... when i went to run it first time at local host it came up with the following error... anyone know what this means?? I have created different ASP.NET projects and it runs no problem... Regards Sicose Server Error in '/PortalVBSDK' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed...

Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 128
I recently installed the .net framework 1.1 to one of my IIS servers. I have been running the .net and some of the starter kits on my dev box and it works just great. In addition to trying the time tracking starter kit (which also works great on my dev box), I have tried a very simple test.aspx page. I would appreciate any help or direction on what to do about this. I am new to .net and not even sure what to try to resolve this problem Thanks in advance. -Bob Server Error in '/TTWebVBVS' Application. ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code -1073741502
Hi all, I am posting this just in case this information is useful for other people. I have an ASP.Net page created with VS2005 worked perfectly when running in release mode, but it consistently gave me the following error when running in debug mode within VS2005: Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code -1073741502  The problem was solved after restarting VS.Hong Hi, I appreciate that you share your experience here. Thanks, ThomasThomas SunMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click...

Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 128.
 I have deployed my website to a server hosted by a hosting company. (WebHost4life). I keep getting an error message when I try to access the web application via the assigned URL. Does anyone know what the problem is? Why am I getting this error message and how do I fix it? Server Error in '/' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: The compiler failed with error code 128...

Help!!! I have errors "Compiler Error Message: BC30389: 'C' is not accessible in this context because it is 'Private'."
Hi guys! Pls. help me with this one. I know this is very simple and easy for you. i'm just stuck in here for almost two days. I just can't solve this error. Pls reply. Tnx! =) Server Error in '/WebApplication1' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. hi guys! i'm new in using Crystal Report .Net and I jus...

Compiler Error Message: CS1026: ) expected

Compiler Error Message CS1002; expected

Compiler Error Message: CS1026: ) expected
I get this error message when I run a page: Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS1026: ) expected Source Error: Line 63: Line 64: objDataAdapter.Fill(objDataSet, "[Order]"); Line 65: DataView objDataView = new DataView(objDataSet.Tables"[Order]"); Line 66: Line 67: if (Page.IsPostBack) Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwro...

Compiler Error Message: CS1026: ) expected
I want to put a hyperlink with the following code, but it display the error--Compiler Error Message: CS1026: ) expected, PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME?? <ItemTemplate> <asp:HyperLink runat="server" NavigateUrl='<%#"product.aspx?productID="DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.ProductID")%>' ID="Hyperlink1"> <%# DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem.CategoryName") %> </asp:HyperLink> </ItemTemplate> and CODE BEHIND::: namespace Ecommerce { /// <summary> /// Summary description...

Compiler Error Message: CS1002: ; expected
anybody can tell me what is the wrong for below line, i got error message Compiler Error Message: CS1002: ; expected SqlConnection myConnection = New SqlConnection(ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["connectionString1"]); Thanks SABU Is that a direct copy and paste of your code? Because the "new" keyword needs to be all lowercase.Alister...

Compiler Error Message: CS1002: ; expected
Hello, I keep getting the following error : Server Error in '/' Application. Compilation Error Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately. Compiler Error Message: CS1002: ; expected Source Error: Line 220: cmd.ExecuteNonQuery(); Line 221: SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("SELECT LASTUSED FROM MRISEQ WHERE UPPER(SEQID)='CASEID'", conn); Line 222: Dim lastused As OleDb...

Compiler Error Message: BC30188: Declaration expected.
This is my code: When I run this I get the error "Compiler Error Message: BC30188: Declaration expected.". What is wrong ? The error points out to the statement >Line 7: Response.write ("HI") ' Insert page code here ' Response.write ("HI") Sub Page_OnLoad(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) response.write ("hi there" ) end Sub Function GetSomeDates() As System.Data.IDataReader Dim connectionString As String = "server='(local)'; trusted_connection=true; database='Orders'" Dim dbConnection...

Web resources about - Compiler Error Message: BC30203: Identifier expected. - asp.net.access-datasource

Identifier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An identifier is a name that identifies (that is, labels the identity of) either a unique object or a unique class of objects, where the "object" ...

Battery Identifier on the App Store on iTunes
Get Battery Identifier on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Apple Unveils New Dickhead Identifier
... Apple Inc. unveiled the features and pricing of its long-awaited Apple Watch Edition, a solid gold smartwatch billed as a ‘dickhead identifier’ ...

Net company seeks ‘chief porn identifier’ - Global Times
Experts said Thursday that an Internet company’s drive to recruit a “porn identifier” is more to generate publicity than an efficient way to ...

Apple clarifies new Advertising Identifier, a non-personal UDID replacement, in iOS 6
... no longer support UDIDs. Instead, UDIDs will apparently be replaced, for advertisers at least, with a new feature called the Advertising Identifier. ...

Two new iPhone identifiers discovered by ad tracking service, rumored 'iPhone 6C' model in doubt
Mobile app marketing firm Fiksu on Tuesday discovered two new iPhone device identifiers in its dataset for July, suggesting Apple's tests of ...

New MacBook Pro identifier hints that an update is imminent
A new MacBook Pro identifier string has popped up, confirming the existence of …

Google Said to Mull Anonymous Identifiers Over 'Cookies'
Google Said to Mull Anonymous Identifiers Over 'Cookies' Bloomberg “Potentially, it would allow Google to remake a system that currently has ...

Crashlytics Launches SecureUDID, An Alternative Identifier for iPhone Developers
Last week, Apple started rejecting apps from its mobile app store for using Unique Device Identifiers (UDIDs) that...

Collective Noun: Illustrated Series of Animals Framed Around Their Group Identifier
LoL by: Unknown (via Chet Phillips ) Tagged: dogs , clowders , monkeys , packs , troops , words , Cats , identifiers Share on Facebook ...