Can't get an INSERT command to work with form parameters

So I am using a SqlDataSource to insert a record into an Access DB.  I am using text boxes as the insert parameters.  The code is included below.  I can't figure it out, please help!

<asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:Investor DatabaseConnectionString %>"
            ProviderName="<%$ ConnectionStrings:Investor DatabaseConnectionString.ProviderName %>"
            InsertCommand="INSERT INTO [Investors] ([Last_Name], [First_Name], [Company_Name], [Address], [City], [State], [Zip_Code], [Work_Phone], [Home_Phone], [Cell_Phone], [Fax], Email, [Web_Page]) VALUES (@Last_Name, @First_Name, @Company_Name, @Address, @City, @State, @Zip_Code, @Work_Phone, @Home_Phone, @Cell_Phone, @Fax, @Email, @Web_Page)"
            SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM [Investors]">
            <InsertParameters>
                <asp:FormParameter FormField="txtLast" Name="Last_Name" Type="String" DefaultValue="*" />
                <asp:FormParameter FormField="txtFirst" Name="First_Name" Type="String" DefaultValue="*" />
                <asp:FormParameter FormField="txtCompany" Name="Company_Name" Type="String" DefaultValue="*" />
                <asp:FormParameter FormField="txtAddress" Name="Address" Type="String" DefaultValue="*" />
                <asp:FormParameter FormField="txtCity" Name="City" Type="String" DefaultValue="*" />
                <asp:FormParameter FormField="txtState" Name="State" Type="String" DefaultValue="*" />
                <asp:FormParameter FormField="txtZip" Name="Zip_Code" Type="String" DefaultValue="*" />
                <asp:FormParameter FormField="txtWork" Name="Work_Phone" Type="String" DefaultValue="*" />
                <asp:FormParameter FormField="txtHome" Name="Home_Phone" Type="String" DefaultValue="*" />
                <asp:FormParameter FormField="txtCell" Name="Cell_Phone" Type="String" DefaultValue="*" />
                <asp:FormParameter FormField="txtFax" Name="Fax" Type="String" DefaultValue="*" />
                <asp:FormParameter FormField="txtEmail" Name="Email" Type="String" DefaultValue="*" />
                <asp:FormParameter FormField="txtWeb" Name="Web_Page" Type="String" DefaultValue="*" />
            </InsertParameters>

0
WIGI701

You might want to take a look at the Access specific AccessDataSource control.

--Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP - Directory Services
http://www.briandesmond.com
0
bdesmond
9/8/2006 12:12:06 AM
Still doesn't work...
0
WIGI701

Can not get Pickup Directory... .net can't access metabase maybe??? Need to get working ASAP
I am using 2.0 to try to send an email to the IisPickup directorySystem.Net.Mail.MailMessage message = new System.Net.Mail.MailMessage(test@testing.com, "test@test.com", "Testing " + DateTime.Now.ToString(), "Testing the Mail Drop Folder");System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient client = new System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient("127.0.0.1");client.DeliveryMethod = System.Net.Mail.SmtpDeliveryMethod.PickupDirectoryFromIis; client.Send(message);Example Site : www.andrewworral.com (hit the button)This code worked on our old deployment server but not on our new server.  I s...

Can't get it to work. Can't get help.
Name: Tony Clarke Email: minionataondotat Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't get it to work. Can't get help. Comments: Installed T'bird. Had to change defunct server that T'bird selected by default. Kept asking for passwords associated with previous email (Outlook Express ), when passwords entered then got error messages saying aon responded with 're-authentification failure'. Searched your knowledge base & help forums to no avail. Found them very user-unfriendly & ended up more confused than before. Would like to try T'bird, but I think ...

I'm getting the access denied error in an iframe and have read stuff and i still can't get it to work! PLEASE HELP ME
 so i went and downloaded the new ajax toolkit 10920 from codeplex. I was still getting the error so i found this i've just read http://blogs.msdn.com/delay/archive/2007/02/05/safely-avoiding-the-access-denied-dialog-how-to-work-around-the-access-denied-cross-domain-iframe-issue-in-the-ajax-control-toolkit.aspx I went to edit common.js as instructed but it aslready has the lines added, and still causes this error. I am trying to use the CollapsiblePanelExtender in an iframe where the parent is not the same domain as the child. What else should i do? Thanks lots in advance &n...

Desperate!!!! -- can't get DNN4 with sqlexpress2005 to work on winxp --- can't connect to DB!!!!!
HELP!!!!! HELP!!!!I followed the install guide for DNN4 (install version)...but it doesn't work with SQL 2005 express on Win XP...i have tried everything!! below is the error message and the connection strings...HELP!!!   Error Installing DotNetNukeCurrent Assembly Version: 04.00.00ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProviderSystem.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Unable to open the physical file "C:\dotnetnuke\App_Data\dotnetnuke.mdf". Operating system error 5: "5(Access is denied.)". An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\dotne...

Debian Woody, two problems: can't get kppp to work and can't su in X
Hello, I have Debian Woody installed on this Dell i8100 laptop via Libranet 2.0. I have two hurdles left that I can't seem to overcome. 1. I can't get kppp to work. I always get the following error message: Apr 27 19:38:48 libranet pppd[622]: The remote system is required to authenticate itself Apr 27 19:38:48 libranet pppd[622]: but I couldn't find any suitable secret (password) for it to use to do so. Apr 27 19:38:48 libranet pppd[622]: (None of the available passwords would let it use an IP address.) Exit Status From 'man pppd': 1 An immediately f...

Need to get row id after insert. Can't get my syntax working.
 Hi,I'm trying to get the identity of the row after an insert, but I can't get the syntax right.  Could someone with better eyeballs help me out? Here is my Insert stuff..  <asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSourceQueue" runat="server" ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:ServiceQConnectionString %>" SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM [queue] WHERE ([caseno] = @caseno)" DeleteCommand="DELETE FROM [queue] WHERE [id] = @id" InsertCommand="INSERT INTO queue (caseno...

Can't get the Web Controls to work.. The Build.Bat file doesn't work? HELP>> ARGGG>.
Hi.. I was wanting to use the IE Web Controls, the Tab Strip, etc, and play with it.. Since I have IIS 5, I thought I'd copy them there using the Read me.txt instructions and then copy to a dev server that I use at a web host.. Well, everything worked except the Build file doesn't build the Microsoft.UI.Webcontrols.DLL file? When I try to run it by double clicking on it, it runs really fast in  the DOS window, but I can't see what it says and it closes.. So I tried to do so manually and I received an error that the "cse.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command or batch...

update fails, can't get out of it and now can't get my email
Name: martha Email: mjhartleyatchampmaildotcom Product: Thunderbird Summary: update fails, can't get out of it and now can't get my email Comments: The directions about bugging aren't helpful to me because I don't know what you're talking about. You offered an update, I tried it, now it is in an endless loop of trying to install, failing, and trying again. It is very frustrating because I can't even get into my old email files to get addresses, photos, etc. I have turned off my firewall and have rebooted the computer, per some of the suggestions in the...

Firefox won't load; can't get it to work!
Name: Robbie Email: torocityatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox won't load; can't get it to work! Comments: I'm running Windows 7, and I can't get Firefox 3.6 to work. I get the following message when I try to run it: We're sorry. Firefox had a problem and crashed. We'll try to restore your tabs and windows when it restarts. To help us diagnose and fix the problem, you can send us a crash report. I've tried to reinstall, to run in Safe Mode, and to do the dozens of things suggested on the Internet, but I can't run Firefo...

Can't get Forms Authentication to work
Hey everyone,   I am having an issue with using Forms Authentication, it doesn’t want to work for me.  I have my website setup such that when I try to access a restricted area of the site with an unauthenticated session, it will redirect the browser to the login page.  The login page is simple as I am only testing this feature out, and it contains two textboxes—one for the username and one for the password—and a “Login” button.    It seems that the username and password are valid because my login page would otherwise display an error page stating ...

Web resources about - Can't get an INSERT command to work with form parameters - asp.net.access-datasource

Google / Firefox Parameter - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
HS what? www.seroundtable.com/archives/017105.html

Alternatives to boolean parameters