Can't connect to Access Data Base with ODBC connection

I am using Visual Web Developer and trying to connect to an Access data base in the code behind page  Default.aspx.vb.    I can't connect to my data base with the following code:

Dim connectionstring As String

connectionstring = _

"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\asp\test02\App_Data\company.mdb;User Id=admin;Password=;"

Dim myConn As OdbcConnection = New OdbcConnection(connectionstring)

myConn.Open()

I alwasy get :   "Data Source not found and no default driver found:.   Does anyone know what I am doing wrong ??

0
jackm

Check out http://www.connectionstrings.com/.
Drill down into Access and you will see sample conection strings for
ODBC connections.  Is there a specific reason you want to use ODBC?
OleDb is a better choice (and that is the format of the connection
string you have provided).

Terri Morton
Engagement Manager, Neudesic

How to ask a question

0
tmorton

VN.Net 2003 can make data connection, can't make server connection
Hi, I am using Visual Studio .net 2003 I have 2 machines, one WinXP with VS.Net and the other, Win2K Pro with SQL Server 2000 In VS.Net I can make a data connection to the SQL Server using the computer name of the SQL Server machine, however I can't make a Server connection to the same machine. Both machines are in a private network (192.168.1.x IPs) inside a firewall, with no firewall settings on either machine. Also, I have installed NetBeui on the XP machine. When I try to connect via the ip addressesm get an error saying that the IP address is outside the local network...

Access Connection Problem, can't give ASPNET access
I have a problem with connecting to an Access database.   The access database is on a shared network drive and I have no way of giving an ASPNET account access to the folder. Is there a way for me to connect to this Access database where I can bypass using the ASPNET account? Hey, Yes, impersonate the application, where you setup in the web.config: <identity impersonate="true" userName="uname" password="pwd" />Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires&quo...

exe. can't connect to ODBC(Access)
Why is my exe. failing to connect to my Access Database? It will connect from the PowerBuilder Development environment, but when I try runing the compiled version, it gives the following error: 'DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation'. Below is the detailed error. "Database Connection Failure Transaction Error Code : -1 Database Error Code : 999 DBMS : ODBC Database : User ID : Login ID : unknown ServerName : @ AutoCommit : True Database Error Message : DBMS...

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

Can't connect to Access
I have a SQL server with a linked Access server. IN teh Enterprise Manager I can view all the Access tables no problem, similarly in Visual Studio server explorer I can view all the Access tables when I create a connection. The problem I have is that I have a SQL stored procedure which runs a query against this linked server and returns fields from one of the Access tables. Running the Query in Query Analyzer produces the required results. When I execute this stored procedure from a web page using a SQLCommand object I get the following error; OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' ...

Using VS.Net Data Connection Tool to Connect to Access Dbase?
I am trying to use the Visual Studio.Net data connection tool to connect to an Access database on a network server, not on my client machine. I've tried everything I can think of but nothing works. Can anyone provide steps/instructions/example/link about how to do this. My Access dbase, named sample.mdb, is located on a server at http://IP/AccountFolder, so the complete location is http://IP/AccountFolder/sample.mdb It is not password protected, but access to the account folder requires a username and password. The connection tool seems to be oriented to connecting to MSDK on th...

Can't access LAN if connected to VPN
My computer is on a LAN in my company. It uses shared ressources like files, printers... I have to access to an other site of my company through a VPN provided by bordermanager. But when i am connected to the VPN, i can't access to my LAN :-( How can i resolve this problem and manage to keep acces to my lan when i am connected to the VPN ??? (i think that the problem is in the fact that when i m connected to the VPN, all network ressources ask pass through the VPN, Windows or Netware doesn't try to find shared ressources on the LAN et only try to find theses trough th...

Can't connect to ms access database
Hi GuysI am creating a small asp.net web-based app, and putting it on my local server, I have put all the files into a folder on Drive F: setup a virtual directory in IIS pointing to the folder in Drive F: that my site sits in.My Only problem I have got is in my code I have this for the database pathServer.MapPath ( "/sites/computerdb/" + db + ".mdb" ) );Now when I go to view the site it comes up with'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\sites\computerdb\gear.mdb' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides. now how ...

exe. can't connect to Access Database
My exe can not connect to a database outside the development environment. Gives the following error: Database Connection Failure Transaction Error Code : -1 Database Error Code : 999 DBMS : ODBC Database : User ID : Login ID : unknown ServerName : @ AutoCommit : True Database Error Message : SQLSTATE = IM002 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified My version of PB is Version 6. Please assist. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Ma...

Access Data Base
The following code will read the data from Access using an OleDBDataAdapter, but won't rewrite it.  I receive no error messsagesI have checked the permissions on the Access file, and they are read/write/execute for everyone:   Dim connectionstring As String connectionstring = _ "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data Source=C:\ace\App_Data\item.mdb;User Id=admin;Password=;" Dim myConn = New OleDbConnection(connectionstring) Dim mySQL As String = "select * from item where item.CompanyNumber = '" & CompanyNumber & "'" & _ " and item.ItemNumber = '" & ItemNumber...

External Usb Drive Connected but can't access to it
Hi ! I got a little problem here, I got a LaCIE disk 120 GB connected in a usb port... I see that it is connected when I go on the devices utility from KDE but the system doesn't mount it and I can't see it in /dev/... Well I would like some help and any help appreciated. See u Thierry SYSTEM : OPENSUSE 11.0 installed yesterday INTERFACE : KDE 4.0 COMPUTER : SONY TZ (laptop) -- gthi3rry ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Well, we can start with a quick diagnostic. Open a Konsole window. Right after you plug in...

can't connect and can't scroll
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: can't connect and can't scroll Comments: Downloaded beta 6 several times and I can never get online. Everything else connected to the internet works fine, but I can't open a single page in firefox. Also, I'm currently using beta 4 so I don't know if this has been improved, but every time I minimize firefox and later maximize it, I can no longer use the mousepad on my laptop to scroll without reloading the page. Vista Home Premium 32-bit Dell XPS M1330 Intel T9300 Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:2.0b4) G...

Why can't I access my Jaguar connection cache from PB?
Hi, I have created a connection cache named 'Onward' in Jaguar using the Client Library 11.0 driver (libjct.dll) and it pings successfully. Here is the definition in Jaguar: Description: Onward Server Name: junebug User Name: sybase_user Password: password When my object (a PB NVO) tries to connect to the Sybase database using the cache, I get the following error: 'Requested server name not found'. However, when I populate the transaction object and connect directly from the object, it works fine. Here is the code to access the connection cache that do...

Web resources about - Can't connect to Access Data Base with ODBC connection - asp.net.access-datasource

French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart
CNN French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart CNN A forensic scientist works near a Paris cafe on Saturday, ...