accessing linked Access table from .net

We have an access database with a linked table to MYOB through ODBC. The MYOB table appears in access with a green dot indicating it's a linked table.

In Access it all works fine.

When we try to get at it through .net, it brings up DB_SEC_E_AUTH_FAILED(0x80040E4D) which as far as I can see indicates authentication failed.

Any idea what is required to be able to use it from.Net?

0
stepp0

You might try this stepp0,

put in admin for the username and leave the password blank (unless you specified other)
Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Components\Databases\Db.mdb;User Id=admin;Password=;"
0
SuperLite17
11/4/2003 9:13:03 PM
Thanks Super,

A solution was found which I am told was a bit complicated but at least it worked. I wasn't there when they got it going no not sure what was actually done.

0
stepp0

accessing MS Access from .net
hi I am accessing ms access data base which has a table called customers. when i try to insert data into the table i am gettign the error like "Operation must use an updatable query" and the line its showing is myOleDbcommand.ExecuteNonQuery() here is my code in page lode event Sub Page_Load(Sender As Object, E As EventArgs) Dim StrConnectString as String Dim strStatement as String strConnectSTring = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password='';User ID=Admin;Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Srinu\WebApplication2\...

Access access
========== Hi, Everyone ... I'm going to lock this thread for now. If you have a question about working with Access in Web Matrix, please start a new thread in this forum. Otherwise, this thread will get to be unwieldy. Thanks! ========== Updated 6/29/03 Hello, everyone. I've been working with the new version of Web Matrix (version .6, build 812, available right now!). In particular, I've been playing with support for Microsoft Access, which is one of the great new features in the new release. I wrote up some notes on what I've found to share some of my experiences and to a...

accessing access
------=_NextPart_000_029B_01C29063.1E2098D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi! I am trying to access an access mdb file for the first time. I get the following error: Can't connect(dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb ), no database driver specified and DBI_DSN env var not set at jfa_data.pl line 147 for the code: my $dbh = DBI->connect( "dbi::ODBC:pfawtbls.mdb", "", "", ) or die "Unable to connect: ". $DBI::errstr. "<br>"; What am I missing? Thanks, Jer...

Accessing a password protected Access 2002 DB from .Net
Here is my connection string: Dim strConn As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("trivia.mdb") & ";Database Password=jeuxdemots;" but I get the following error: Not a valid password. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Not a valid password. The password is the right one, what am I doing ...

linking from sybase to access and exporting table from sybase to access
Hi! I am linking a table in SYBASE SQL SERVER version 11, following the syntax as listed below: DoCmd.TransferDatabase acLink, "ODBC Database", _ "ODBC;Database=nl_mia;SRVR=SYB_TEST;UID=eong;PWD=XXX;DSN=MIA", _ acTable, "DailyInvestmentDetails", "Invest" The table I'd like to link is 'DailyInvestmentDetails' on nl_mia database, DSN=MIA on sybase server 'SYB_TEST'. It is giving me the error: "Invalid Database Object reference...error # 3276". When I look up on this error...it says obje...

Linking Access Db tables to a different Access Db using the Internet.
I am looking for the simplest way in ms Access to link up to tables in a different Access database (using ASP or not). It works in a LAN, now I want to use the internet instead. If possible without inviting a heavy load of redundant features. Anybody willing to advice?Robert...

How to Trap Error Messages when getting data from a linked Access Table (asp2.net)
Hi, I am developing an excel import tool, where the user imports a set excel sheet and it populates it into the SQL database. Currently the structure is as follows: User selects the Excel Sheet > gets uploaded and called upload.xls > is read through an access.mdb file using a linked table referring to a named reference called Data > shows it on web page (initial check) > imports it to a temp SQL Server Table > shows it on screen, showing only unique records (ones that aren't in the system) > data is imported. It works perfectly well if the us...

Remote Access access
Hello, Currently new in the Web Matrix world and I'm a little lost. I'm looking for a way to connect to my remote Access database (ISP hosted) through the Workspace pane. I have an IP adress, even DNS, but I have no idea of how to formulate it to open my connection. I'm usually using FrontPage XP who includes a connection wizard. Thanks for any help ! You can only connect to Access databases that you have file access to. This means they must be either on your local computer, or on a computer share you have access to. One solution is to copy the MDB file to your local computer,...

accessing ACCESS database
Hi, I am trying to write a script that copies an information from ACCESS but it gives me the following error: Can't call method "Sql" on an undefined value at franowner.pl.txt line 4. Here's the script: use Win32::ODBC; $DSN="db1"; $db = new Win32::ODBC("db1"); $db->Sql("SELECT owner_first_name, owner_last_name FROM Owners WHERE ID=11"); if ($db->Error()) { print "Error: $db->Error"; } statement:\n$DBI:errstr\n"; ($ownerfname,$ownerlname) = $db->FetchRow(); print "Database results: first ...

access data... access...
Hi, I'm trying to handle a simple structured access db in c#... but I'm a bit confused on how to do it! How can I select, insert, edit and remove records from an access database? should I use datasets? Thanks I suggest reading microsoft's Documentation on ADO.Net. OleDb is the DataProvider you want to use if you're going against an Access DB. another thing: how can I get, having an opened oledbconnection, all the tables, and the fields in those tables, from the database?...

Access access prase
I first found the power of web matrix and access in .NET show 30 when I searched for web matrix on microsoft site. I just gasped. If you are going to create more functionality it would be wonderfull. Web matrix the one click webpage. Ill have to see or maybe someone can tell me has web matrix already got automatic Database URL linking, If not this would be cool.Hardware is not easy to pirate so it is cheep. Software isnt getting bigger because of complex features, Its growing to stop the pirates....

Accessing MS Access
Hi all, This is probably a more DB oriented question, but it came out of the = DBI. I posted a question and have tried several solutions on how to open = up an MS Access DB from the DBI::ODBC but so far have been unable to. = What I had to end up doing was create a DTS that runs every 5 minutes = which copies the table I need from Access and populates a SQL Server = table. This causes a delay on my web application such that whenever my = page overlaps while the DTS is running I get no data. So I was wondering = if there is a better way to get information from Access so I can see it =...

Passing integer array from VB.NET to Access VBA Code (Access 2003 Interop)
Hello, I'm working on a small project to take a current Access database and move it online. I'm using Access automation using Interop (even though its not recommended, but the service wont be used very often). I have the majority of the code working great, except on one VBA function where I pass it an array of integers. Below is a blurp of the code: VBA function: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Public Sub OutputScheduler0708(ProgramId() As Integer, ProgramTypeID() As Integer, ProgramCnt() As Integer, XLSOut...

Accessing access with DSN.
I am useing vista and IIS7.  I set up a connection string as below: <% Set strConn = server.createobject("adodb.connection") strConn.ConnectionString = "DSN=beautyaids" strConn.open %>  I am working locally aso I type in my localhost\myaspfile.asp and i get the error: An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator  Sometimes I get the HTTP:500 page not found. I set up the ODBC DSN as a system dsn.  Can anyone tell me what thw problem is.       William Rice These forum...

Web resources about - accessing linked Access table from .net - asp.net.access-datasource

Student pleads guilty to accessing records about Frances Abbott design scholarship
The Sydney student who leaked information about a fashion school scholarship controversially awarded to the daughter of the Prime Minister has ...

Accessing a headline opinion
Accessing a headline opinion

Sharp increase in authorities accessing private data
Australian law enforcement and government agencies have sharply increased their access without warrant to vast quantities of private telephone ...

Former librarian charged with accessing student records of Frances Abbott
A former part-time librarian at a Sydney design school has been charged after she allegedly accessed student records of Prime Minister Tony Abbott's ...