"submit" to Access DB returns "connection closed"error

The error when I submit data  is as follows:

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: ExecuteNonQuery requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed.

Source Error:

Line 17:             Dim comDatabase As New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand(strSQL, conDatabase)
Line 18:
Line 19:             comDatabase.ExecuteNonQuery()
Line 20:
Line 21:         End Using

Source File: C:\Inetpub\BlahBlahBlah\Default2.aspx.vb    Line: 19

Stack Trace:   I think the error explanation is in the lines saying (CommandBehavior...in the middle where I left a line space above and below

InvalidOperationException: ExecuteNonQuery requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed.]
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.CheckStateOpen(String method) +994883
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ValidateConnection(String method) +25
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ValidateConnectionAndTransaction(String method) +18
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal

(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +56
   System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +113
   Default2.SendEmail() in C:\Inetpub\BlahBlahBlah\Default2.aspx.vb:19
   ASP.default2_aspx._Lambda$__1(Object a0, EventArgs a1) in C:\Inetpub\BLAHBLAHBLAH\Default2.aspx:79

   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +110
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

Everything on the pages look and act the way I want them to except this data submission.

I have posted this in the starting out forum here also but I am just anxious.  I apologize if this is forbidden

Al

0
Heynow1010

Have you called conDatabase.Open() anywhere prior to line 17 in your code?  If not, put it on line 18.

Regards Mike
[MVP - ASP/ASP.NET]
My site
0
Mikesdotnetting
3/3/2009 7:38:44 AM

thank you for this.  I have a long thread in "getting started" where David and mailliaw have helped tons and maybe I should not have started another thread.  I apologize.  I will post your suggestion in that thread and see what the other two guys helping say because I am in the middle of additional changes that have already taken place that may confound with your suggestion.

I will close this as answered with gratitude.  Please check my long thread in "getting started"

0
Heynow1010

"Access database" and "Login error"
Hey guys,I'm trying to get an Access database to be the location of the username/password combinations. I've done it is as far as I can tell, but I'm now stuck with the following error.These are some of things I have doneSet up the database in ODBC under the name "OdbcServices"Put the database in the "App_data" folder in the website directoryThanks for any help that you guys can give about the error.The Naked Programmer------------------------------------------ Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the proc...

From "unrestricted access" to "Collection Owner Access"...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

"access to path"...."is denied"
I have a program that opens a csv file and copies all records to a database.  its working fine in development system but when i deploy this to the live system and if i try to copy a csv file on my machine i am getting an error "access to path"..<tempfile.txt> .."is denied.  I am creating a temporary file on the live server and then changing data and then copying records from the temp file to the live databaseThe problem is that the program cannot access the temp file.  Is there a way to change security access rights of the temp file programmatically so tha...

quotes, quotes, quotes...

When is "close" not really "close"
I've had a strange thing occur a couple of times. When I leave at night, I leave my computer on, but close Thunderbird. That way, I can VPN in from home and view the mail store, but still access e-mail through POP3. One night, a week or so ago, I checked POP3 from home and noticed the mailbox was empty. That's impossible; I get about 500 messages a day. So, I took control of my desktop session and looked around. Thunderbird was not visible, but it was still running in the background. I have since determined that if I close it with the "X" icon at upper ...

Replacing "\\" with "\"

"Using" or "With"

double quote

"To" and "From" missing

replace the "." with a ","

Using "+" or "||"

"Me" is better than "You"

Web resources about - "submit" to Access DB returns "connection closed"error - asp.net.access-datasource