coplilation error : Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the fi

I have problem compiling my website on 2 machine(win 2003 server & windows vista).
The problematics machines has these components installed:

1.Net framework 3.5 sp1
2.vs 2008 sp1 ver: 9.0.30729.1 sp
3.windows sdk for vs 2008 sp1

It works grate on 3 different machines (xp,2003) that has the same components installed and the  Microsoft ASP.NET 3.5 Extension CTP.

I can't install the Microsoft ASP.NET 3.5 Extension CTP because I already have the .net 3.5 sp1 installed.

Here is my web.config

The strange thing is that other project such as the sample website that contains the exact reference to the same assembly () has no problem to compile.

what is the problem with my project ?
0
nati28
12/24/2008 9:29:22 AM
asp.net.3.5-extensions-preview 378 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi nati28,

Check your Bin Folder, does it contain System.Web.Extensions and System.Web.Extensions.Designer?

Hope this helps.

Happy Coding,

SyntaxC4

*** REMINDER ***
If you find this post useful, Please click the 'Mark as Answer' Button.

*** DISCLAIMER ***
All Code is provided AS IS.

** Want Some Useful Sites **

http://www.delicious.com/SyntaxC4
0
SyntaxC4
12/24/2008 5:44:07 PM

 hi first check whetehr ur problamatic machine has System.web.extensions installed

if yes then check the version it should be

System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'

if not than remove this reference from the web.config file and ad the reference of the version u've got in ur system

Don't say thanks rather mark my reply as "Answer" if it helps you ,Doing so u'll get points too
amiT jaiN

C#.NET Articles
0
amit
12/24/2008 6:29:01 PM

Yes,

I have this dll registered in the GAC propertly.

I installed another machine with win 2003, .Net framework 3.5 sp1 and the problem is exists there also.

On the web server with win 2003, .Net framework 3.5 and .net framewort 3.5 extention CTP it works well.

 I need to upgrade my web server to sp1 and I cant do it untill it works well on my QA server.

Thanks.

0
nati28
12/25/2008 2:32:40 PM

I don'n have these dlls in my bin folder (it should not contans them, these dlls should be installed in the GAC).

I don't have these dlls in my web server bin dllls and everything is cool there...

0
nati28

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does n
Hello All,If this is a repeat of posting that have been created, I sincerely apologize.  I have been looking for a solution for quite some time and although I have run across a lot of different posts offering solutions, nothing seems to be work.  Here is my dilemma:I have created a website with several pages using ASP.NET 2.0 and AJAX Extensions (including the AJAX Control Toolkit).  The pages run fine on my Development machine but on my IIS machine, I continue to recreate a Parser Error in regard to System.Web.Extensions.  Here is what I have done thus far: I have a...

Could not load type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptReferenceBase' from assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.
on my localhost, everything is working just fine, developing a few hours... then i publish to another server (windows server 2003)...and suddenly my website is broken. i could track i down to a scriptreference in my scriptmanager - which used to work perfectly.now i don't know where it went wrong - because i developed several things, including the addition of autocomplete textbox with the control toolkitbut even after removing all the code for the autocomplete textbox, the problem wasn't solved. i seem to be the first one to have this problem, because google doesn't return anythi...

'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference
I have seen many posts with this problem, but not one I found actually makes it clear to me how to solve it. The site is build with VS2008, and deploying it using VS2008 to my server works fine. Both my server and my development PC have ASP.NET 3.5 installed. I now have to deploy this web to a server that has ASP.NET 1, 1.1 and 2 (no 3.0, no 3.5). I copied the  the System.Web.Extensions.dll I found on the server to my bin directory (overwriting the one that came from my server). -> same error  The error is on line 95 of my web.config : 94   <httpModules>...

Unable to create type 'live:IDLoginStatus'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The s
Hello,  I try to use a windowslive website in visual studio 2008 with framework 3.5 I have installed the framework 3.5 and i get following error although the site is working perfect in localhost: Unable to create type 'live:IDLoginStatus'. Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.After this i check my gac and i manually (with configuration tool 2.0) installed 3.6 in my gac. I still get the same error. What am i doing ...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Hi, I am using VS2008 and .net 3.5, #. i m trying to access default.aspx in the browser and it shows the error as "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."   Also when i use any of the Ajaxcontrol toolkit tools, i m getting the these kind of errors. I hav copied the ajaxcontroltoolkit.dll and .pdb in the bin folder. but i m getting the same error. Please help me.  I will  be grateful if anyone can send me the co...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified
I have downloaded the Ajax Control Toolkit Website Project. I want to run on Visual Studio 2005. But when I run the project I got the error like  Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified . </system.web>     <httpModules>        <add name="ScriptModule" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptModule, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neu...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
hello i am getting this error in my application...i used ajax in web site..please help me Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Source Error: Line 30: <compilation...

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. #2
Hi, i copied the solution folder   and put this folder to another  computer and i try to run it show the error message " Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." Please guide me very urgent.Regards,Kannandesikan You need to install the ASP.NET AJAX extensions on the web server. ...

Error 25 Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file s
Hi there,   I am just trying to learn AJAX at the moment and have run into a problem. I have copied over the example for cascading dropdowns and this is where I have the above error.The error occurs in the web.config file on this line <add assembly="Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>  Can anyone advise what I need to change? The sample is for old ajax version. you need to copy latest ASP.NET AJAX web.config to your projects web.config below is my cascading code for new version for you  ASPX &l...

mvctoolkit Assembly 'MVCToolkit, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a high
I have visual studio 2008 SP 1 .I created a new MVC Web Project and added a reference to the MVCToolkit dll.I tried to build and it shows following exception Error    5    Assembly 'MVCToolkit, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.6.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'    f:\MVC\MVCProjects\MyFirstMVCApplicati...

Why do I get this error: "Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot f
I downloaded a reputed sample project and cant get it started because I am getting this error: Error 2 Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. D:\bills system\Bills Desktop\test\Dashboard\src\Dashboard\web.config 46  What can I do?  You need to install AJAX extensions for asp.net 2.0. You can get it here:http://www.asp.net/ajax/ Which version of Visual Studio are you using? If you are not us...

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
AAAARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH.....Ok, the error has been seen quite often...I've checked a lot of forums and all they seem to provide as a solution is to uninstall everything and make sure the latest dll's are in the bin directory of my website.Here are the files in my bin directory:AjaxControlToolkit.dll version: 1.0.61214.0AjaxControlToolkit.pdb version: AJAXExtensionsToolbox.dll version: 1.0.61025.0System.Web.Extensions.Design.dll version: 1.0.61025.61025System.Web.Extensions.dll version: 1.0.61025.61025Now, I've done exactly that! and checked all the versions but still the error remains....Below...

'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies
Can anyone please help me to solve this. i hav already posted this issue and its not been solved.Please help me. 1) i m using vs2008 to create .net 3.5 project 2) i installed web extension 2.0 and downloaded ajaxcontroltoolkit dlls in the server  3) from the client machine i m using to create a page with some ajaxcontroltoolkit controls. i added the refrence to the dll. it is working fine when it is executed from vs2008. But getting  the following error when try to open in browser.  Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Ex...

Could not load type 'System.Web.UI.Compatibility.CompareValidator' from assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.
 Hello everyone.i m facing Required field validators problem  with ajax.Validators works fine in my application when it runs  frm localhostBut when I deployed the application on server it stops working.the thing i was missing  <tagMapping> tag.  <tagMapping>        <add tagType="System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompareValidator" mappedTagType="System.Web.UI.Compatibility.CompareValidator, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>   &n...

Web resources about - coplilation error : Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the fi - asp.net.3.5-extensions-preview